Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
      lol. itll just give me an excuse to fly out and meet up with you guys
      i will gladly steal your tires if it means that
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• lol. too bad i dont even know my own address out there haha

Comment

• Wooowwwwwww. That thing is schweet. That doesn't even look like the same xj.
          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• got a free km2 from 4 wheel parts roadhazard warranty for the win!

and heres some better pics of the tire carrier

also got me a light bar deely

just waiting in tucson for mah jeep to be done. found a guy who would install the shift fork i needed for a real good price so we just chilled here for another day.

Comment

• Yo sambo... Can you measure front outside to outside of the front tires plz. trying to guage how wide you are vs. where I want to be.
              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
              • 5.13's
              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                Yo sambo... Can you measure front outside to outside of the front tires plz. trying to guage how wide you are vs. where I want to be.
                76 inchero's

Comment

• The blue beadlocks look badass
                  1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

• Nice Fire put er out ers.
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

• well i havent updated this in forever. mainly because im happy with it. all thats on my list of things to do now are:

new exhaust manifold (mine is full o holes)
                      i have some intake leak (ill fix it when i do the exhaust manifold)
                      brown dog motor mounts to accompany my brown dog brackets would be lovely
                      rebuild a tire carrier out of something more intense. (.120 probably)
                      in the long run a cage would be nice as well.

And just a few internet myths I can now clear up from my trip in June.

1:
                      Despite what cruzin illuzion says, east coast rigs can in fact wheel in the midwest and not self destruct. You get put in some pretty steep crazy angles, but it's all dry sticky rock, the jeep handled it all with ease. This was independence trail. reccomended equipment is dual lockers, 37's minimum and to expect rollovers and body damage.

took a bad line on escalator in moab and got wedged in pretty good. i have rock rash on my rain gutter from it. needed revenge so i went at it again and there was no issues

2:
                      5.38's are not too much gear for 35's. My engine didnt explode from running 2700-3100 rpms for 10000 miles straight. wish i had more gear at times too. the rocky mountains really suck up powa.

3:
                      Its not some magical feat that a wheeled jeep made it across the country and back.

in tucson Az I found out the hard way that a shift collar in the np231 wore funky (the teeth wore at an angle) and was putting pressure on the shift fork causing it to melt. pretty rare occurence. cost me 2 days of down time but i was already ahead of schedule.

and as soon as i made it to the pacific ocean my 255k mile ac compressor exploded.

she was cherry on the way home.

SO THE HATAZ.

trailering the rig would have made the trip more or less a chore as we took trails to get places, not to go down and turn around and load back up.

Comment

• I'm happy to see someone was ballzy enough to take their rig out west and not have it blow up. Me on the other hand would be lucky if I made it there.
                        91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

Comment

• How did the smaller lift work out west? Most rigs from out west that i've seen are crazy tall.
                          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

• that trip must have been amazing, I know when i drove AZ it was quite the adventure

Comment

• Originally posted by iant333 View Post
                              How did the smaller lift work out west? Most rigs from out west that i've seen are crazy tall.
                              It was actually pretty amazing. no idea where these guys get the idea that 10" lifts and 35's are the setup to have out there

The naxja guys we wheeled independence with, some had the low cog state of mind and those rigs did great. a couple others had the 8" lifts for 33's and 35's were gettin tippy at times and stayed off of the harder lines.

We actually had some tj guys come up to us on hells revenge say "how was tipover challenge?" we were like "huh?" they said "the obstacle you just did?" we go "THAT was topover challenge?" it didn't feel sketchy at all. then they brought us over to potato salad hill where they gave me this pep talk about how people rollover on it constantly and if i get a tire in the air to just back off. didn't slip a tire gettin up it, didn't get hung up.

Comment

• oh, and new leaf springs would be nice. nobody makes a good spring for my lift height though. im probably gonna play with bastard packs til im happyish

and i fucked up my shackle hanger on one side, so some shackle reloaction brackets are in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X