Operation: BACK IN BLACK! 97 xj build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
    i do a pass at 10 ft lbs then a pass at 14 ft lbs and then i keep going over them at 14 ft lbs until they are all tight.
    I was thinking 10-15ft/lbs but I hadn't see anyone post how tight they made theirs. Thanks
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
      I was thinking 10-15ft/lbs but I hadn't see anyone post how tight they made theirs. Thanks
      yea the allieds call for the final torque between 12 and 15.

there are 32 per wheel and they are 5/16 in diameter
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• sam did you use your hobart 140 to build everything on your jeep or use someones 220?
        89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
        95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
        97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
        If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
          sam did you use your hobart 140 to build everything on your jeep or use someones 220?
          just about everything was done using my 140. and everything that wasnt could have been.

i only used my buddies 110 for a few things and the cheap pile of crap 220 at work for a few things. i just used whatever welder that was around at the time i wanted to weld lol.

Comment

just about everything was done using my 140. and everything that wasnt could have been.

i only used my buddies 110 for a few things and the cheap pile of crap 220 at work for a few things. i just used whatever welder that was around at the time i wanted to weld lol.
            alright man im just thinking as far as my next build will go what i can do with the 140. As far as axle brackets I'll probably tac them and then hit them with a 220 thanks dude

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
              alright man im just thinking as far as my next build will go what i can do with the 140. As far as axle brackets I'll probably tac them and then hit them with a 220 thanks dude
              axle bracketry and link mounts, leaf perches and whatnot were welded with my 140 4 years ago.
              use as lil extension cord as possible and keep the heat up. never had a problem

Comment

axle bracketry and link mounts, leaf perches and whatnot were welded with my 140 4 years ago.
                use as lil extension cord as possible and keep the heat up. never had a problem
                good to know maybe Ill just go for it then thanks again for the insight dude

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• im curious to know if you still have 3" in the front and around 5" in the rear.. and if so, why? is it like a leveling type thing? you know, full tank, tools, recovery gear, tire carrier etc.? ive been thinking about going an inch higher in the rear for similar reasons, if thats even remotely the reason you did it...
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
                    im curious to know if you still have 3" in the front and around 5" in the rear.. and if so, why? is it like a leveling type thing? you know, full tank, tools, recovery gear, tire carrier etc.? ive been thinking about going an inch higher in the rear for similar reasons, if thats even remotely the reason you did it...
                    noooo

its more like 4.5" front, 3.5" rear now

when i swapped in the 44 my perches gave me some lift. and after the cross country trip with 3 people and thier gear for a month including tools and spare parts it killed my leafs pretty good.

i want to bring the front down a touch and the rear back up to maybe .5-1" higher than the front.

seriously debating ditching the coils and going to coilovers in front when i cage it. get some deavers in back with halfway decent shocks and call it set.

but thats still kinda in the dreaming stage right now.

Comment

seriously debating ditching the coils and going to coilovers in front when i cage it. get some deavers in back with halfway decent shocks and call it set.

Based on your track record of putting cages in jeeps before you destroy the unibody, I lol. But if you prove me wrong and include the coil overs, I will give you a cookie. sound like a deal??
                      2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                      • 5.13's
                      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                        Based on your track record of putting cages in jeeps before you destroy the unibody, I lol. But if you prove me wrong and include the coil overs, I will give you a cookie. sound like a deal??

hence the

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

Comment

• Ok, I was just curious. I'm going to throw some shackles in the rear to bring it up a bit over the front. I was happy with the setup I had in my 93, the shackles flexed fairly well and believe it or not my ride quality in the rear was increased. Also I'd like it to be fairly level with a full tank and gear and whatnot. Thanks.
                          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• what steering setup are u running?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrenx View Post
                              what steering setup are u running?
                              I dont know if he will see this but he is running an inverted t "one ton" set up.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                                I dont know if he will see this but he is running an inverted t "one ton" set up.
                                thx and if u know what are the axles out of?

Comment

Working...
                                X