X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yota Crawler Project

Started with:
    94 Toyota Pickup $500 - body is fucked up
    93 Toyota Pickup $1300 - body is perfect, frame shot, taking what i need from it and parting out the rest

What's been done:
    Body Swap, adjusted front torsion bars, removed bed. Installed rear powertrax lockright, added quick releas hinges for removeable doors, installed 16x7" wheels with 36/13-16 bias TSLs. painted mostly black, installed rock sliders, bought and completely rebuilt '84 solid yota front axle w/locker and 5.29 gears.

Parts soon to be ordered:
    front 3 link with 14" travel air shocks giving 3" lift
    rear 4 link with 16" travel air shocks giving 3" lift

Goals and the future of this rig:
    First goal is get the bastard fixed and registered, then do enough to be able to crawl over shit with it.
    Eventually:
    SAS with 3" lift
    Regear to 5.29 with lockers F+R
    Dual trasfercase w/rear driveline disconnect for front digs
    Exocage
    Stinger Front bumper with winch
    37" tires probably BFG Krawlers
    Removeable Doors

This project is gonna take a while. I am beginning today with removing the cab and bed from my '94 yota which will be replaced with the cab and bed from an identical '93 yota (which i am still yet to buy, but it's lined up). Here's some pics of what i am starting with:

Last edited by RockClimber; 10-07-2010, 08:34 PM.
    -Ryan

Rigs:
    07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
    94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

i have doors for that if your looking,also hood,fenders,interior shit bunch of stuff.

Comment

well, i am buyin a second truck with a shot/rotten frame from a guy i know, and swapping bodies, then i'm gonna tear the rest of the other truck apart and sell what i can and keep whatever i need for spare driveline parts. i think i said a little of that in the original post. if not, oops

thanks for the offer though, i'll let you know if i need anything
      -Ryan

Rigs:
      07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
      94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

a little update

ok, so here's an update on the yota.

I spent 8 hours tearing it down today.

the bed is now officially off, not just unbolted
        the doors, fenders, seat, hood, bumper are all removed
        everything is disconnected from the body for the engine, the radiator and a/c evaporator are gone, and the cab is completely unbolted and ready to be lifted off. Next step is going to be do the same thing to the other one i am buying, which hopefully i will have by the end of this month.

here is some photo evidence:

started today with this

ended the day with this

loaded all the parts i took off on my trailer and hauled it away
        -Ryan

Rigs:

Comment

The cab is completely off the truck now
          here's a few pics

-Ryan

Rigs:

Comment

nice
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Looks like a sweet project, get to it.

BTW thats a pretty nice 07 you got. My best friend has a red 06 that is pretty sweet. 6.5" fabtech, 35" toyos on 18" kmc black hoss, and bunch of other shit. I always rag on him about IFS sucking and how he's too pussy to wheel his pretty tacoma, but i gotta give the taco credit the 4.0 v6 is one hell of a motor.

Comment

Thats quite the build you got going there. Good Work
                4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

i love my 07 with that 4.0L. i thought about going 6" lift but decided against it cause it's my daily driver.

hopefully i'll have the new body on the frame in the pics, and have it running in the next month, then we'll see what kind of balls that old yota has
                  -Ryan

Rigs:

Comment

something like this in the long run huh? awesome

I drive a Datsun

Comment

Sweet Ryan.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Sick
                        I love toyota's

We need more in SiS
                        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          something like this in the long run huh? awesome

yeah, it's gonna be something to that effect
                          -Ryan

Rigs:

Comment

sick dude cant wait to see more progress on this

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

#becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Working...
                              X