No announcement yet.

Harry's thread to organize all his Jeep thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk how that nonsense all works. What I do know though is that old box has been beat to hell and back... You heard me
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Apparently ball joints are not tree-impact certified
      97 XJ.

Comment

• Rounding up parts to get this thing back together... finally. Poor thing. Planning to spend a lot more time on the trails with this thing next year.

Winter plans:
        Rebuild front leaf mounts
        Get some tube in/on front end
        Maybe rebuild shackle mounts, time permitting

Picking up a bender on a cart setup for air as part of the deal I made on some Cummins parts, so pretty excited about that.

As far as the front end tube work goes, I considered going exo for that part but I think I want to stick with my "let the sheetmetal form around the tube" look that's inevitably going to happen on the rest of the body. I like the couple spots on the front of Will's fenders where small portions poke through. Might have to look into how that was done. I am thinking that is going to be important for what I want to do.

I'd like it all to tie into the bumper (need to get it somewhat straight before that happens, should be fun) and also tie into stiffeners close to steering box/trackbar areas (on both sides). Probably add a crossbar in the engine.

Has anyone seen IRL or on the webs where anything similar to this has been done mostly under the hood and behind the fenders? I'm mostly concerned about where the cage is going to pass through from the interior to get outside. Maybe it won't be that much of an issue.
        97 XJ.

Comment

• I don't hate this. I suspect I'd not like it as much if the tube didn't match the fender color. Meh
          97 XJ.

Comment

• Look at some JeepSpeed builds to see how they tie the A Pillars and interior tubework into the front bumper through the engine bay (engine cage as well).

There are some well documented on the Jeepspeed site even though it sucks

It is my end game but haven't had the time need or drive to have it done yet.
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• I was looking at a couple Jeepspeed threads on Pirate. I think that is going to be my best bet for examples of what I want to do. Most builds are full exo things which obviously leaves a lot more freedom.
              97 XJ.

Comment

• Forget the jeep. Why didn't I get to chill with you this weekend?
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Were you in NH?

Relax, I already invited myself skiing with you and Dickerman this winter
                  97 XJ.

Comment

• No but I live an hour from there. And yes inviting yourself is allowed
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

• More Lam carnage found.

Broke a tap off inside one of the holes for the new box. Good thing Reid has a collection JK but seriously. Thanks Reid
                      97 XJ.

Comment

• Damn. Go Ham at lam!
                        OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                        General Tires are

Comment

• 97 XJ.

Comment

• Damn shes a heavy pig.
                            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• My guess was 5300
                              97 XJ.

Comment

• Spent this weekend pulling leaves with broken weldnuts inside the rails. Fun. Broken from flexing of outer bracket, not from attempting to remove bolt. This needed to be done two years ago.

Will probably add another brace of some kind on the front. Not sure what I want it to look like yet and it can be added later.

97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X