No announcement yet.

Project Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the new shocks in with the stiffiners welded in. All in all, not a bad project once the parts came in from JCR
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• Oh really.

You realize those shocks disappear overnight, right? It's a common problem with them
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
        Oh really.

You realize those shocks disappear overnight, right? It's a common problem with them
        If you do that, just make sure you put the air box back for the drivers side please

Comment

• Got the front end all buttoned up and finished the other day with a big hand from Phil (Buffalo). We got the passenger side shock installed and installed the limit straps on both side for the front. Once it was done, the wheel well got a fresh coat of undercoat and then gloss black paint.

I'm pretty excited to see how well they do crawling. I'm really not too much into the go fast but I do want to test that as well, especially with the rear shackle relocation brackets. The front and rear Fox's are on the stiff side so they do tighten everything up on the road which is nice. The Jeep does ride impressively well considering.

Anyone up for a shakedown run?

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post

Anyone up for a shakedown run?
            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthr...262#post295262

they are
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
              Ill be in Virginia for the week on the lake. Another vacation, ya know how we roll

Comment

• Do a shakedown run in VA.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• tough life
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Yeah but someone has to do it.

Comment

• I've been taking the XJ to work more lately and I'll need to for the week since the Power Wagon is currently down for the better part of this week. Trying to make it more road worthy again I ordered a Kevins Offroad steering box brace. After the painfully easy install, it really tightened up the steering. Pleased with it overall.

It should also (hopefully) prevent my Jeep from breaking and spitting out another steering box on the comp-course which is why I have dubbed it, the anti-Caleb bar from this years OER.

Comment

• -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X