Project Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Black Betty

Started off with a very clean 1996 XJ with 197,xxx miles on it for $1000. New radiator, water pump, thermostat, complete front and rear brakes, and a stack of service records all done by the dealership.

After changing all the fluids on it, I installed a class III hitch to pull the boat followed by a 3" Rusty's AAL lift. Wheeled it like that for a bit but never really touched rocks too much....then I met SISoffroad and got bit by the Real bug.

Soon after I grabbed a set of 31's on Rock Crawler wheels, JKS front discos, C4x4 hooks, Custom audio, and brewed up a rear tow hook.

I had access to the schools machine shop one weekend so I made myself a light bar for the old KC's I had laying around from my last Jeep.

Then last October I was stopped at a red light and some lady in a Sentra hit me doing 40mph, pushed the Jeep across two lanes of traffic and into a parking lot. My tow hook took the brunt of the impact but still pushed my whole exhaust forward and broke the drivers seat. So for $50 I pulled the seats out of an 01 XJ and a new flowmaster exhaust.

As she sits now:

So with all that said, I'm ready to finally do some real wheeling. So today I ordered:

-4.5" Rubicon Express front coils
    -Extreme duty trac bar and bracket
    -Shackles for the rear

Already in the parts pile are two Edelbrock extreme travel remote reservoir shocks and RE super flex upper and lower control arms.

I plan on having the Jeep ready for RCROCS which may seem like an easy task but I'm at school and will not be home until April Vacation. Its going to be a mad dash but I plan on having my Jeep there ready to wheel or having the only street bike at RC.
    Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 07-28-2011, 03:49 PM.
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

So when you drive around, does your exhaust spew out a cloud of airborne Yersinia pestis??
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

thats a great start. Very nice jeep, you should trim up the fenders, it makes such a big difference
      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

bring it by here and we can put all that cool crap on here.

Comment

Looks good dude. If you need help over your April vactation, let me know Ill go down to West Haven and help.
          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Comment

are there going to be some good sized meats accompanying that lift?

Comment

When will you be home for April Vacation? I will help put everything on.
                2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Wow guys thanks for all the offers to help me out I'll let you know if I need help with anything. Alex, I'm sure I'll be hitting you up at some point; thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                    are there going to be some good sized meats accompanying that lift?
                    Not until the summer. I dont plan on streeting 33's until I re-gear

Comment

So one stepped drill bit, and two buffalo chicken subs later, Alex Crosby and I got Kyles sliders mounted under my Jeep. Alex has pictures because it happened

Comment

pics

thats all im saying
                        dirty30

Comment

Comment

Looks good Dude Cant wait to see it lifted more.
                            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Me too, I hope these parts come in in time!

Comment

Working...
                              X