• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love ball breaking wheres bigvag
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

nice welds Matt, can't wait to see this thing on all 4's!

Comment

it's comin along...... kinda......

bending the first pieces of tube tomr
        atlas isn't here yet
        Rear links are done, trans mount, motor mounts done, working on getting the front stuff situated this thing is low
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Atlas is here!!!! only problem..... we ordered it driver side drop..... ohh well

Pics to come!!!

Basically i'm not going to use the passenger drop chevy front end, and with the motors current location it actually works better to use a driver drop setup. I offset the motor to the 3 inchs to the passenger side and was already worried about having to squeeze the driveshafts between the frame and the starter on the motor.

Also, because i designed the truck around flat lower arms, there is no real benefit to going to a high pinion in the front, so i plan on running a 9" front with a low pinion 3rd member. I'm going to run all the dana60 outer stuff i already have (35 spl outer shafts, hubs, bearings, brakes, knuckles) So really all i have to purchase is a housing, custom length inner shafts, and a 3rd member.

I need input though!!!! Currie F9 or Spider 9???

Basically, the most important thing is going to be getting my kingpin inner c's to fit on the housing. The ID of the inner c's are 3.125". Currie makes a 3.25" .25 wall housing and Spidertrax makes a 3" .375 wall housing. The Currie one would be simple i'd just machine the inner c out to 3.25". To use the spidertrax housing it'd be an issue of sending my inner c's back to Solid Axle and having them send me ones with a 3.0" bore, but i guess i could do that for either.

I'd really like to use the Spidertrax housing because of the larger tube diameter and their product quality seems to be spot on.
          Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 10-07-2011, 11:03 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Don't forget RuffStuff, they make a fabbed 9" housing 3.5" dia 375 wall tube, looks like a nice product. 3" 375 wall sounds pretty tough.
            1950 Willys Trail Rig
            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Wow. You're right!!! thanks i totally forgot about them, saw that housing at their vendor booth at KOH and it was a good looking product. Gonna go look at prices now!!!

yea I think that once trussed, i shouln't have any problems with either because of tube thickness.

Thanks man

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I think you should take more pictures.

Comment

Can't wait to see some pics Zullo. Ive been helping my friend Cory build a buggy here and it really is fun but definitely a lot of work too.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                    Currie makes a 3.25" .25 wall housing and Spidertrax makes a 3" .375 wall housing.

I'd really like to use the Spidertrax housing because of the larger tube diameter

I would run ruffstuff myself, seems like the best product, and I try to support their business whenever I can.

Comment

PICS NOW
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

20 piece nuggs. Just sayinnnnnnnnnnnn'
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Zullo finally got his Tcase in...saw pics the other day...though it could have been a ploy.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Ohhh and i realized the added cost to built a 9" front and stay driver drop would kill me time wise with this thing, so i got the new one in yesterday.

Instead I got a HP 60 centersection for the front, i'm going to basically put the Chevy 60 tubes on it so i can keep all the outers i already have. It was the most cost effective way to do it and its a High Pinion!!!

Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 02-19-2012, 11:29 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

your patio has way sick gearing
                                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X