Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops

I was thinking about this on the drive home from rausch last night

when we were on the side of the road fixing zullos jeep, a state trooper (jersey) pulled up behind us. I went to talk to him and i started out with Hey man how is it going-

and he stops me and just goes

"Man? What am I your buddy now?" in a tone im sure you can imagine

I really try and respect cops, I'm definitely not a cop hater, I have spoken with very many nice ones, but surely my share of dickhead ones. I know at least our town's police has "to protect and serve" on their cars.

When it comes down to it, police are 'public servants' are they not?...theyre paid via the people they 'serve' or protect, being us. At what point does a police officer become a reigning authority/superior being where they can just be as much of an asshole as theyd like, if you do not speak to them as royalty? Why does a police officer not call me "sir", should I be able to bring him into question when he does not? We were doing nothing illegal, just repairing our vehicle OFF of the highway on the grassy shoulder.

Shit like that just irks me I guess. I recognize authority when it warrants it for sure, but dont demand it of me in a situation that doesnt call for it.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

typical officer....
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

sounds like Woodbridge. my cousin's a cop, and he says that there's very few that are actually reasonably polite.

although, depending on the area they work in, it could be a reaction acquired from aggressive locals, trying to keep distance.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

There is a difference between a state trooper and a cop.

All state troopers are fucking douche bags and only some cops are total douche bags.

I was standing right there when you said that and he had zero reason to say that and it got under my skin as well, but I shrugged it off. I know a lot of cops through my work and they are nothing but friendly to me.

You're right though, they are public servants and there was no reason for him to hit 100 on the Egometer over nothing. He was a fucking rookie anyway, don't let it get to you too much. Isn't worth it.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

State troopers have more authority then most cops so they think they ARE the law. Most of them are dicks. Its usually the local guys who are cool. I have met a few nice state troopers but from what ive experienced they are usually the dicks. The local guys, especially some of the non egotistical ones are cool but you always get the young rookie who thinks hes bad ass or the veteran who thinks he is all that is man.

In this case i think the cop should have got on his knees and bowed to you for being so REAL! lol
          Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

BORKED

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
              In this case i think the cop should have got on his knees and bowed to you for being so REAL! lol
              this is what im thinkin!
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I should have thrown that Ujoint at his face.

He was just pissed he burned himself when he went to iron his cloths while he was still wearing them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                  I should have thrown that Ujoint at his face.

He was just pissed he burned himself when he went to iron his cloths while he was still wearing them.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

All state troopers are fucking douche bags

careful now. the shield i wear around my neck is my grandfathers state trooper shield.

i work with police officers. i sell my products to police officers. im no newb to the dick officers out there. the ones that are ass holes honestly are the ones that got picked on in high school and became cops because they wanted to get back at the jocks. theres tonsssss of them. ive come incontact with them day in and day out. its a frat boy club. you know someone whos a cop? bam youre in and respected. you dont? oh well sucks to be you. trust me i know better than most how cops can be.

but. not all are like that. theres def a good handful of officers i know that are some of the nicest most respectful people i know that would do anything to help someone. theyre the ones that got the job because its what they really wanted to do. and thats why theyre good at it and they enjoy their job.

its just like saying all offroaders are careless assholes. i just came in contact with one on sunday. but i know better. not everyone can be as kick ass as sis
                    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                    J10 project do want.
                    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

I've had my share of run-ins with the police. Probably more than my share haha, but I feel the same way. It isn't common that the New Britain police is nice to me. Its even worse when I'm out of the town and cops see I'm from New Britain.

I'm always beyond respectful to officers, with the "yes sir", "no sir", and "thank you sir" routine, and I never receive and ounce of respect in return. Yet I always give the next cop the chance to be a nice guy. It never happens though.
                      -Matt
                      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                        not everyone can be as kick ass as sis
                        according to some, i am that "Asshole officer" here. but then again, i'm not their buddy anyway

FULL CIRCLE
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          according to some, i am that "Asshole officer" here. but then again, i'm not their buddy anyway

FULL CIRCLE
                          oh mannnn stop being a dictator will seriously. gawddddddddd
                          J10 project do want.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                            careful now. the shield i wear around my neck is my grandfathers state trooper shield.

i work with police officers. i sell my products to police officers. im no newb to the dick officers out there. the ones that are ass holes honestly are the ones that got picked on in high school and became cops because they wanted to get back at the jocks. theres tonsssss of them. ive come incontact with them day in and day out. its a frat boy club. you know someone whos a cop? bam youre in and respected. you dont? oh well sucks to be you. trust me i know better than most how cops can be.

but. not all are like that. theres def a good handful of officers i know that are some of the nicest most respectful people i know that would do anything to help someone. theyre the ones that got the job because its what they really wanted to do. and thats why theyre good at it and they enjoy their job.

its just like saying all offroaders are careless assholes. i just came in contact with one on sunday. but i know better. not everyone can be as kick ass as sis
                            You're right, I made a Generalization, what I mean to say was 'When you become a state trooper, you instantly become a douche bag when the badge is on, then as you grow older, you begin to realize the world isn't out to get you and your douche bagness wears away'.

This guy had a cleaner face than a newborns ass on Christmas day, his cloths were so creased you could cut paper and he used a compass to install the hat on his head so it would be completely parallel to the ground at all times.

Every 'New' State Cop I've ever met has a chip on their shoulder and I also deal with cops on a normal basis. I've worked with police officers and SWAT officers from Bridgeport, Fairfield, Greenwich, Westport, Norwalk and New Canaan and they are nothing but nice to me. The moment a state cops walks into my shop, we are fucking peons that aren't worth the lather they wipe their boots with every morning for a mirror finish.

My Grandfather was in the Navy before WWII and became a Merchant Marine afterward and comparing his time to the Navy now is the same as comparing a state trooper of decades ago to the state troopers now. Different Generation, different mentality.

Eventually they will lighten up and take the metaphorical stick out of their ass, but that guy had a 2x4 stuck so far up there that it was the lump in his throat.

In the end, we didn't want to be his buddy anyway, but Karma is a cunt and I hope he gets what is coming to him, whether it be a car accident at 50 mph with a Mack Truck or AIDS.
                            sigpic

Comment

i hope he comes into mar-vel and buys lots of stuff so i can get commission and yes a lot of times coming out of being cadets theyre dicks too but still not all!! haha the K9 cop in clementon ive known since kindergarten, hes never been like that, hes always been a polite sweet kid. granted hes never pulled me over but i just cant imagine it. my other friend thats a cop in clementon, yeah...he still comes off as a dick. even when hes not working haha
                              J10 project do want.

Comment

Working...
                              X