No announcement yet.

Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed the new police officers fresh from the academy are usually the biggest ball busters there is. Then over time they seem to mellow out and let people slide on the stupid small shit that they used to go apeshit over.

I have also found that usually if you can make them laugh they let you off with a warning.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post

I have also found that usually if you can make them laugh they let you off with a warning.
      can work with some good guys. i have friends that right off the bat are assholes when they get pulled over. insta tickets. though being polite wont always get you off, being a jerk gets you nowhereeeeee haha
      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
      J10 project do want.
      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

My only real "police run-in" was with a state trooper and he was a major asshole. But the local cops around here are pretty reasonable to deal with, especially the ones in Shelton who drop in to say hi at work every once and awhile.

Comment

Well, Will kept his cool and apologized and then the cop said if we needed any help to call 911.

Yeah, so we can get another fucking douche nozzle over here to lecture us about how we shouldn't be driving these vehicles because they are unsafe for the motorways.

Fuck that, I'm calling AAA.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            I have also learned that if a cop asks you "Do you have anything you shouldn't have? Like alcohol, marijuana.. crack?" and your buddy says "yeah officer, just a little bit of crack in the trunk," it won't make him laugh.
            -Matt
            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              In the end, we didn't want to be his buddy anyway, but Karma is a cunt and I hope he gets what is coming to him, whether it be a car accident at 50 mph with a Mack Truck or AIDS.
              HOLY SHIT! Phil you never cease to amaze me with your way with words.
              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
              • 5.13's
              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

should of told him to call in a 187
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                  I have also learned that if a cop asks you "Do you have anything you shouldn't have? Like alcohol, marijuana.. crack?" and your buddy says "yeah officer, just a little bit of crack in the trunk," it won't make him laugh.
                  I have said it and they laughed actually or maybe they are waiting to bust me for something bigger
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

a majority of the men in my family work for the PD or FDs in NY...they are not assholes, but i sure as hell have definitely encountered many many many asshole cops out there. ESPECIALLY the ones in new paltz. they are so cocky and full of themselves and it drives me crazy. the state troopers up here are even worse. it's like someone told them they were god or some shit...
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      a majority of the men in my family work for the PD or FDs in NY...they are not assholes, but i sure as hell have definitely encountered many many many asshole cops out there. ESPECIALLY the ones in new paltz. they are so cocky and full of themselves and it drives me crazy. the state troopers up here are even worse. it's like someone told them they were god or some shit...
                      The cop that pulled me over in New Paltz was pretty nice though. 65 in a school zone...he told me to just go slow next time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        The cop that pulled me over in New Paltz was pretty nice though. 65 in a school zone...he told me to just go slow next time.
                        theres a few okay ones...the troopers are the worst though.
                        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                          theres a few okay ones...the troopers are the worst though.
                          I think he was campus security though, not a real cop. I'm not sure.
                          sigpic

Comment

the few encounters i've had with NY state troopers has been been good. most of the town cops around here suck. i've had quite a few encounters with the subie and i am ALWAYS respectful. when i'm pulled over i immediately-

-make sure i pull over in a SAFE location. if the spot isnt, i put my hazards on and drive slowly in the shoulder to a parking lot or farther down the road where the shoulder provides more protection.
                            -roll down both windows, car off, hazards still on. then before the officer even approaches i have my license and reg out for him ready to go.
                            -and i alway address the cop as "officer"

i got nabbed for doing almost 100 through a construction zone (it was ~1am, no one was on the road, NYS thruway) once my radar detector went off i let off, slowed and pull over literally across the street from where the trooper was waiting. no one was behind me or in front of me, so i knew the hit got me. i did everything as i described above and the trooper was real nice about it, we talked about cars for a while, and in the end he wrote me a ticket for doing 64 in a 55mph construction zone. he told me he couldnt just let me go for doing almost double the limit, but gave me a HUGE break.

complete opposite.

i was driving around bc i had a lot on my mind and cruised up and over the mountains to ellenville. theres a sweet fucking road that curves around the reservoir that i love driving on. its a 30mph road but at midnight i was blasting around it at around 60. slowed down for a sharp 180 degree turn (rev match downshifted, so the cop def heard it) just as i dropped a gear my radar goes off and i drive by a trooper traveling in the opposite lane. at this time im not even going 10 over so i think nothing of it, and then i continue on my route and whip a hard left onto a side road which will take me to the other side of the town and get me on another road back to new paltz.

lights, siren, intercom, pull over.

long story short these dudes were a goddamn disgrace to the badge, cursing at me, mocking me, etc. i was standing with my legs spread, hands on the spoiler for almost 40 mins as the ripped my car apart looking for anything.. im surprised it survived the attack. i told them i was just driving around, which they called horseshit, asked me why i was where i was because "theres nothing here" and i told them thats why, so i can drive the car a little harder and not worry about endangering others, to which they also called horseshit... whatever. i understand they need to make sure im not out killing people or whatever, but they were ridiculous. in the end i walked away without a ticket. i was told to "get the fuck out of here." and they followed me, tailgated me actually, for 20 mins as i did 40 in a 45 until i got to the intersection that took me back over the other side of the mountains.

oh, and it was also my birthday.

Comment

Cops are nice in my town for some reason... I had the jeep out with the doors off and at one stop light a cop rolled down his window and said "Drive carefully please". When my bro had the original jeep, he got pulled over twice in the same exact spot (getting onto 7 extension) in brookfield both for not having flares. Im still waiting to get pulled over to see what the cop has on me besides a speeding ticket
                              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

guess it all depends on where you live, i live in brooklyn CT theres the CT state police troop D in the next town over i drive flareless, doorless, muddy as hell and they never bother me
                                99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X