No announcement yet.

Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State troopers are the only ones i have had issues with, but i find that as long as youre respectful and polite, everything is really not that bad.

the town and local cops around me couldnt care less about my jeep, they all no me and my vehicle and know im not destroying public property so im ok wid dem
    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
      there are currently 3 new paltz police cars and one state trooper parked in my apt parking lot...all with their lights going....hurrmmmmm
      there must be a danish sale
      dirty30

Comment

i ran over a buick on the mass pike a few years back

statey thought my jeep was badass and we bs'ed about it and the other bitch was 100% at fault.

keep in mind i had 37" boggers that stuck out of my fenders about a foot and no marker lights
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

and once in jersey geno blew a brakeline.

trooper pulls up behind us and we bs for a while and when we are ready to find a parts store he drives in reverse about 1000 feet on the grass and stops traffic for us so we can pull out then he led us to the nearest parts store where we fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
            in providence rhode island I have had no issues driving the big jeep with no flares and mud and blown marker lights and cops that were hanging outside the clubs waiting to pull the drunk people out actually stopped me and complimented the jeep once.
            this is so true. i live right next to the main police station and with no flares or doors i still don't have any problems. they'll actually stop and talk with me about cars if i'm outside. i've noticed that if you're from out of state and you say you go to school here they'll let you off with a verbal warning
            94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
            3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Last exp I had with a cop was good. Exploded a tire on I-81 south an hour or so from Rausch. I was waiting for AAA because I needed air. Was a state cop... gave me his cell phone number in case AAA didn't show up soon.
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

99% of cops are that douche in high school that nobody liked, was more or less a joke, and bullied freshman as a senior.

though I have met a few that were cool, its usually the young guys that have something to prove... or the chick cops. good luck ever getting out of ANYTHING if a girl cop pulls you over.

but imo, you work for me bitch, now fix my jeep.
                2001 TJ
                2001 Tahoe
                2013 M3
                1986 R65
                1997 Blackbird
                2013 R1200GS

Comment

the only times i have had experience with a female cop, she has been a total haggard bitch to me. Lol
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    the only times i have had experience with a female cop Lol
                    I've never hooked up w/ a fml cop.
                    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                      then before the officer even approaches i have my license and reg out for him ready to go
                      Fail.

Just kidding. I used to do the same thing, thinking it saved the officer the hassle and that I wasn't trying to waste his time. But, you really shouldn't do this. If you go rifling through your pockets and glove box, it makes you look super suspicious, or even guilty right from the get-go. Hell, as far as the cop is concerned you could be looking for a gun.

The best thing to do is keep your hands on the wheel and wait for instructions once the officer gets to your window.
                      Last edited by Even; 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                        The best thing to do is keep your hands on the wheel and wait for instructions once the officer gets to your window.
                        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

The Smithfield po-po were out en masse (all 3 of their patrol cars) doing speed traps today. They found a perfect spot 200 yds down the street from the entrance to campus. Luckily I didn't get pinched.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            The Smithfield po-po were out en masse (all 3 of their patrol cars) doing speed traps today. They found a perfect spot 200 yds down the street from the entrance to campus. Luckily I didn't get pinched.
                            they have a pretty large police force there. and enforcing laws is how they make money.

in my experience they arent too bad.

and lets just leave it at that
                            Last edited by Ktmracer419; 05-13-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I hate how cops regularly abuse their power. For instance. I was under the impression that in city in the event of a chase cops were not supposed to go over a set speed limit.

Last night at 2 am ish i woke up to get some water. I live on a very busy main road and as i was getting out of bed i hear a car speeding down the road. A few seconds later i hear a police siren whip by super fast and the room flashed blue. Only a few seconds later 2 more cops whipped by. They went by so fast that they shook things of shelves.

Every day drivers travel at at least 45mph down my road and its a 30. Alot go over 50 some times.

I would be willing to bet that by how fast these cops passed by and the way the siren sounded so warped and the shaking that these cops were doing at least 80 down my road.

Id say this happens at least once a month.

It was loud enough as they past that it woke up my wife too.

I dont see any reason for these cops to be driving that fast through a residential area.

Just because it was 2am does not mean that there is no one around that could have gotten in the way.
                              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Theres a big trial in CT going on right now about a cop who sped through a stop sign without his lights on and caused a crash that killed 2 kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X