No announcement yet.

what do you remember from 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was in cartooning class and my teacher told us....we thought maybe it was just a low flying plane and was an accident.
    I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

i was in school high school and it happened. they told us and they sent us home early (state technical high school)
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
        they told the teachers to lock the doors and not let students leave during the class change.. 8th grade. we thought we were getting shot up. didnt find out til i got home.
        this. but i found out after they let us off lockdown. sent us to our third period class and told teachers not to discuss it and to leave the tv's off. luckily i went to american history and the teacher didn't listen, turned the tv on, and we all started to put the pieces together. i had to call home to figure out what part of the city my dad worked in.

scariest part was, one of the girls in that class lost her father who worked as a firefighter on LI but went to the city anyway.

Comment

I was in spanish class
          1950 Willys Trail Rig
          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

was in Church at school. headmaster/brother came into mass and informed the whole school that a plane had hit the towers. got to french class and it was on TV.

Most vivid memory, trying to figure out which fire house my father was in that day.

Comment

Was in history class when i heard the news Ironically... Got out of school (not early) then went right home, and then went straight to the firehouse with my cousin and a bunch of the other guys to get the scoop on what was going on. Not what the news was saying...
              Last edited by Grandzjtsi; 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM.
              https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
              https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
              94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

I was coming out of 11th grade western history and everyone was standing outside the lounges watching the tvs in the hallways. They were showing on news the first plane crash and as we walked up to the screens as the second plane came into view and hit and everyone was gasping. It was pretty scary as our town is something like 70-80% commuters in the city and everyone was freaking out trying to call parents and such. We didn't get evacuated, but the rest of the day consisted of watching the classroom televisions seeing what was happening.

There were a few families who lost people in the towers. One being my little league coach who was the father of 4 children.

Comment

Damn youngins, talking about middle and high school. Making me feel old.

I was working in our security operations center which is laid out like NORAD or mission control. The big screen at the front of the room used to show a map of the US with status indicators for all the stuff we monitored. I had just started my shift and everything outside New England went offline all at once. I was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong (all the lines that connected New England to the rest of the country were routed underneath the WTC, that's what) and somebody came into the SOC and told us to turn on the satellite feed.

I had been training for my pilots license all summer and was scheduled to go on my check ride on 9/13 (that didn't end up happening until December). My initial thought was that some moron drove a Cessna into the towers but it didn't make sense because it was a perfect day and you'd either have to be an abject moron (*cough* Cory Lidle *cough*) or trying to do it. Of course we all figured out which one it was when the second plane hit.

What amazes me thinking back is how quickly everybody figured out what was going on. I remember sitting around with my college buddies that afternoon watching things unfold and talking about this Osama guy and how Afghanistan was going to be fscked. I mean, how can nobody know that 9/11 was about to happen, but then almost immediately know who was responsible when most of the evidence was at the bottom of a smoking crater. As I recall Bin Laden and Al Qaeda initially said they were glad it happened but denied having anything to do with it. It wasn't until months later when the video tape slipped out with Bin Laden admitting he knew ahead of time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the US government did it or intentionally let it happen, I'm just wondering why they were so effective at figuring out who did it so quickly but yet were incompetent enough to not know it was coming and prevent it.

Comment

I was in math class passed out drunk (yes at 9:30 in the morning) when they started calling kids into the office and all i remember was yelling at the intercom for waking me up. Later on when they told us what happened and all the kids whos parent who perished in it that i went to school with i felt nothing was just another day for me.
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

I asked in english class when they thought we were going to war and I got fucking yelled at for even thinking that. Then we went to war. Fucking Hippies.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I believe i was in 7th grade gym class. it was the last class of the day for me and the teachers waited before we got on our buses to tell us a plane hit the trade centers. All i remember thinking was what are the trade centers. And during the day i can remember a bunch of kids leaving school early and being picked up for unannounced reasons.
                        "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

lol man so many youngins...... i was in college, just got out of my 8 am class, was going to go smoke with my buddy down the hall, went into his room saw all the shit happen on tv, went out side and smoked a WTF cigarette and was in shock for a few days
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

7th grade, in History class. Turned on the tv, saw the 2nd tower get hit. Watched most of the day on TV and by lunch the principal made us turn it off because they kept showing footage of people jumping .

Comment

I was in my sophmore year graphic design class, we found out really fasted and the teacher turned on the tv right away so we could watch the news. It was just an odd silence in the class as we all watched. After the 2nd plane hit parents started picking there kids up and then they closed school.
                              You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

I was in my first apt. in Glastonbury and my girlfriend at the time called me and woke me up....and after seeing what was going on, I moved back home which is where I am today
                                1998 XJ.....Finally.
                                1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Working...
                                X