what do you remember from 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you remember from 9/11?

A little late, seeing as it's the 12th now, but what do you all remember from that day?

I remember I was on my way into my 6th grade english class, and my elementary school did a horrendous job of informing us as to what was going on. Every other school in the area joined into assembalies, but not my school. They decided it was cool to move on throughout the day with the normal routine. I initially heard that the towers had collapsed, and didn't realize how serious it was until I got home and realized it was a terrorist attack.

I also remember it was the day my father woke up from a 2-3 week coma. He had rolled a large tractor over on himself about a month before and he came real close to not making it. He woke up in the hospital bed with the news on and had no fucking clue what was going on.

some of the kids who came in late to school that day were spreading the news.

the principal informed the entire school over the pa just before the final bell rang.
    i was in english class.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Science class. Teacher had a drawing of the towers on the chalkboard showing us where the planes hit and we came back from early lunch or something and one of the towers was erased cuz it collapsed. spooky imagery.

Comment

I was sick in the nurses room, the nurse went to call my mom to come pick me up and they told her she was already on her way(?)
        weirded out
        dirty30

Comment

I was in Mrs. Thompson's history class in 8th grade. My principal came in and told the teacher but not anyone else. I found out later when I got home and my sister was glued to the tv

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

they told the teachers to lock the doors and not let students leave during the class change.. 8th grade. we thought we were getting shot up. didnt find out til i got home.

Comment

Freshman Algebra. Principal came over the PA and told all teachers to turn on the TV. My biggest worry was about my Uncle who was flying that day from Washington State back to Connecticut.
              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

I stayed home sick that day and was playing roller coaster tycoon. My mom called me when I was home and I watched on the tv

Oh ya, my two best friend's father was suppose to go to work that day for 9:00 am. He worked at the trade center. For whatever reason he didn't go in but I remember we always use to take trips to new york for the day and hang out in there and walk around the city.
                Last edited by DrThunder; 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

i was sitting in my 4th grade classroom when they teacher brough in a TV and we watched the news. Kids whose parents worked in the city were called down to the office to try and contact them
                  4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
                    roller coaster tycoon
                    that game is tits

Comment

I was sitting in freshman exploritory. I went to Wilcox, a trade school. As a freshman you'd go through all the shops and see which ones you liked. I was in Machine shop. The news came on right after the first plane hit, then when the second plane hit they told everyone to leave and go home. They thought it was a state thing terrorist attack and thought all the state schools were next hah. All the kids cheered though, that was kinda shitty.

Comment

I was in Ms. Patricks 6th grade english class. Principal came on the intercom thing and said that there had a plane had hit one of the towers. Some girl in my class was freaking out because her mom was flying that day. I don't think we did anything else that day.
                        I remember coming home and both my parents were already there. They worked right by Long wharf, near where they have those big storage tank things and their building was evacuated.
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

I was in 7th grade in gym. The prinicipal came over the loud speaker and told us.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I was in 6th grade. English class with that bitchy teacher Mrs. Flynn. I remember another teacher coming into the room and telling the teacher. They did not tell us what happened. I found out when I got home from my mom.
                            My dad was laid off from work 3 weeks before that. He worked in the Twin Towers.
                            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

my cousin took a morning flight from boston to la exactly one week(to the hour) before the attack

one of the flights that hit the towers was coming from boston to la
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X