What makes a "Real" rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    what ever makes you happy on the trail is a real trail rig.
    I like that

I have a class A CDL and love my diesel truck, it is fun for me to trailer it.

As far as safety and reliability goes, I see a lot of doorless/cageless rigs with undersized steering and braking systems for the tire size run, that claim to be safe reliable "real" rigs. I would hate for someone who owned a rig like that to call my jeep a trailer queen. I have no doubt in my mind its reliability - I tightened every bolt on it myself. I'm quite sure it could drive hundreds of miles (getting worse fuel mileage than my tow rig) except I would probably get stopped by law enforcement a lot.

It is built for wheeling, I prefer to call it a "Trail" Rig not a trailer queen
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
      I wish I had a real rig

My CJ5 isn't highway worthy 5.38 with 35 no OD makes it tough to drive fast.
      I drive it around town though.

My next jeep is going to be a street legal pro modified WErock KOH competitor.
      Do 100mph there wheel all day and 100mph home.

I know its a lot of work but that is my goal, don't look for it anytime soon, still paying off my CJ-5.

A trailer is nice peace of mind. Nothing is fail proof, and the way we all beat on our rigs I would expect something to eventually break.

Pics?
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
        I like that

I have a class A CDL and love my diesel truck, it is fun for me to trailer it.

As far as safety and reliability goes, I see a lot of doorless/cageless rigs with undersized steering and braking systems for the tire size run, that claim to be safe reliable "real" rigs. I would hate for someone who owned a rig like that to call my jeep a trailer queen. I have no doubt in my mind its reliability - I tightened every bolt on it myself. I'm quite sure it could drive hundreds of miles (getting worse fuel mileage than my tow rig) except I would probably get stopped by law enforcement a lot.

It is built for wheeling, I prefer to call it a "Trail" Rig not a trailer queen
        i has no cage

i have seen xj roofs hold up pretty well in a roll though, enough to make me feel safe enough to prolong a cage, but i have ideas brewin

but still, if i do end up on my roof the body will never be the same
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

A good rig shouldn't be perfect , but would be nice to get around without worrying about overheating, oil leaks, exhaust fumes, ect;ect.
          96 stock cherokee backyard 1 1/2 lift rebuilt trns case

Comment

Working...
          X