What makes a "Real" rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I had a real rig

My CJ5 isn't highway worthy 5.38 with 35 no OD makes it tough to drive fast.
    I drive it around town though.

My next jeep is going to be a street legal pro modified WErock KOH competitor.
    Do 100mph there wheel all day and 100mph home.

I know its a lot of work but that is my goal, don't look for it anytime soon, still paying off my CJ-5.

A trailer is nice peace of mind. Nothing is fail proof, and the way we all beat on our rigs I would expect something to eventually break.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

who the fuck drives their offroad rig 100 mph down any highway? Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        who the fuck drives their offroad rig 100 mph down any highway? Hmmmm
        Geno, actually.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

people who want to do this
          http://www.kingofthehammers.com/a/?page_id=53
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

off highway on a closed course, go ahead and put your life on the line.

on the highway, with other drivers, just plain stupid.

Comment

in the baja 500 when they race, there is sections of the course where they drive on the mexican highway. all the trucks have transponders to see if they go over the highways posted speedlimit. This years winner Robby Gordon actually won the race but he sped on the highway and was sent to 7th place and had the win stripped.

Comment

i think anyone here "CAN" drive there jeep anywhere, wheel it and fix it and drive it home. its a matter of "wanting to" lol

I've never trailered my jeep anywhere. I've made long round trips and I've fixed it in many spots, woods, parking lots, side of the road, laying in the snow. that's fine, that's being a "jeeper".

but i rather trailer a jeep down to RC in comfort, and nto worry about missing days of work or having to swap a motor, or melting off my expensive off road tires on the trip. Sure maybe im not "real" because i dont want to deal with unnecessary stress, but hey different strokes for different folks.

oh btw, i plan on driving my jeep down to RC for OER II
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i would prefer a real rig, but im gonna do the trailer queen shit from how on i think. although, my rig did make it back with a flaming hole in the floor and fred behind the wheel
                  I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                    I wish I had a real rig

My CJ5 isn't highway worthy 5.38 with 35 no OD makes it tough to drive fast.
                    I drive it around town though.

My next jeep is going to be a street legal pro modified WErock KOH competitor.
                    Do 100mph there wheel all day and 100mph home.

I know its a lot of work but that is my goal, don't look for it anytime soon, still paying off my CJ-5.

A trailer is nice peace of mind. Nothing is fail proof, and the way we all beat on our rigs I would expect something to eventually break.
                    thats the most badass thing i have heard all week
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

An sticker makes a "real' rig.
                      and i dont have one...yet. So for the time being i am unreal.

But I most definately like Sam's way of thinkin', but for the size tires I want to run I won't be legal in PA because they will stick way past the fenders when I go full-width. So, therefore I choose trailer queen.
                      2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                      • 5.13's
                      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

You just got to be smarter than them.
                        My next jeep I'm going to attache fenders to my axle so the move with the wheels.
                        Make the detachable so you don't destroy them off road.

Something like this

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/si...2-ford-10.html
                        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

neat idea

kinda like the bombardier atv's

Comment

In PA I heard, don't know for a fact, that the tires cannot stick out past the flares and the flares cannot protrude from the body more than 3 inches.

For a buggy i think those fenders could work because "What is the body"... but on a cherocar there is a definitive body there.

I mean I am all for cheating the system... but I have no great or witty ideas that I can come up with to do so.
                            2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                            • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                            • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                            • 5.13's
                            • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                            • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                              In PA I heard, don't know for a fact, that the tires cannot stick out past the flares and the flares cannot protrude from the body more than 3 inches.

For a buggy i think those fenders could work because "What is the body"... but on a cherocar there is a definitive body there.

I mean I am all for cheating the system... but I have no great or witty ideas that I can come up with to do so.

whatevs

my front tires are about 9" past the fenders and only one town in rhode island has given me shit for it

Comment

what ever makes you happy on the trail is a real trail rig.

however for me a real rig is what can wheel the greens and full on get it on the reds. Something that can take someone thats never wheeled before, ride safly up a red trail and make them want to wheel. I want to put on the show, and have it survive!

but thats me, what you wheel is your choice, and thats a trail rig.

oh and lots of money.
                                Originally posted by gmc4cw
                                if someone can look at your rig and still tell what it was, then you have a long way to go before its destroyed. if you continue to wheel it after said destruction then you are truely special. :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X