Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    I'm selling my 'assault weapons.
    Do you have to sell them out of state now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Do you have to sell them out of state now?
      EDIT: Yes, I cannot sell them in the state of CT anymore.
      Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• I heard on the radio that they were telling people who were standing in line at gun shops that if they purchased a newly banned gun after 12:15 they'd be committing a crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
          I heard on the radio that they were telling people who were standing in line at gun shops that if they purchased a newly banned gun after 12:15 they'd be committing a crime.
          There are conflicting reports and I actually don't know who to believe. Me and my boss played it safe today and when 12:00 rolled around, we stopped trying to contact the state for authorization numbers. Park City Tactical contacted the State Police and the ATF stating that he cannot just shut down his shop because of this new law and they told him that he could continue selling rifles and shotguns deemed 'assault weapons' until he is contacted by the State Police or the ATF to halt all sales of 'assault weapons'. Greyson Guns shut down their store today shortly after 12:00 to consult their lawyer and go over the new laws so they can figure out what they can and cannot sell anymore.

To say it's a clusterfuck of epic proportions is an understatement. My shop has transferred dozens of Ruger SR556s to Norwalk and Fairfield policemen and firemen in the last few days and there were some very pissed off cops when we told them that the state wouldn't pick up their phone and we couldn't transfer the guns to them after 12:00. Rumor has it only 2 women where answering the phones at the state giving out authorization numbers. The other issue is that these guys had already paid for these guns, so when technically is the owner purchasing the firearm? When they pay for it, or when you get a transfer number and the person picks it up?

I've also spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday neutering AR15s for dozens of people, we set aside all work we had just to pin comps and buttstocks.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 04-04-2013, 10:34 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• I wonder what laws Utah and Mississippi enacted that both strengthen and weaken gun restrictions...

Wyoming passed a law saying that you could hunt with a suppressed firearm...
              sigpic

Comment

• http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/vi...fully-exposed/
                I don't know if anyone has seen this or even if its a reputable site but what the video is implying goes along with what is starting to happen.

Comment

• Mississippi had some law dealing with mental health and gun permits

Utah had a law that would allow a court to prohibit someone with a restraining order from possessing firearms and would allow someone to voluntarily allow law enforcement to hold their firearms if they believed a cohabitant was an immediate threat

Comment

• Originally posted by doubleuj17 View Post
                    http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/vi...fully-exposed/
                    I don't know if anyone has seen this or even if its a reputable site but what the video is implying goes along with what is starting to happen.
                    Seriously dude?

Comment

• I'm sure all the gangs in Connecticut that weren't importing guns are now in full swing importing guns.

I feel safer already.
                      Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

• I'd LOVE an AR lower if anyone up there wants to sell to me here in MD... Looks like I have until October to get me one....
                        -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mangi Hill View Post
                          I'd LOVE an AR lower if anyone up there wants to sell to me here in MD... Looks like I have until October to get me one....
                          PM me.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Phil is there anything I need to with me rifles?
                            Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                              Phil is there anything I need to with me rifles?
                              Nope, the state has allowed you to keep your rifles and not have to worry about registering them. Just worry about how you're going to get ammo after October 1st if you don't have a pistol permit.

These new laws apply only to semi-automatic centerfire rifles and semi-automatic shotguns.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Post
                                A request to hold gun-safety classes in the basement of the Shelton Community Center raised a red flag for one city alderman and prompted him to propose a "weapons free zone" ordinance.
                                The proposal comes after 20 first-graders and six staff members were killed Dec. 14 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
                                Alderman John "Jack" Finn said he would like to restrict firearms of any description -- concealed or openly carried -- in city buildings, including the Board of Education facility, and any city park or city-owned open space.
                                Finn's proposed weapons list also includes bows, crossbows and traditional BB or pellet-firing air guns. Law enforcement and properly certified security guards would be exempt from Finn's plan.
                                The intent of the proposed ordinance, Finn said, is to ensure the safety and welfare of those using city facilities and to ensure that all city buildings, parks and open space are used in a safe and enjoyable manner.
                                Finn is the only Democrat in Shelton, luckily the town government is made up of people with brains

Originally posted by CT Post
                                Alderman Eric McPherson said he hasn't seen the proposed ordinance, but he believed any "legislation based on emotion" can be counter-productive.
                                "You need legislation with common sense," McPherson said, adding that last week's approval of new gun laws in the state was more political than practical. "We can't enforce the laws already on the books and now you have even more."
                                And then there's this kid:

Originally posted by Facebook
                                Gun control should not be thought of in respect to gun holders, but the non-violent. I choose to live non-violently, even without a gun for self-defense. What measures of government will make me safer in my everyday life. The 2nd amendment is not a mandate - I exercise my right to be protected from violence, not to protect myself with firearms.

The government shouldn't be against gun owners, but for the safety of the non-violent.

Comment

Working...
                                X