X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

y squared +2y -13?

Comment

http://www.mathway.com/

My roommate sucks a math too. First he tries all he can do on his online quiz/homework and after that he reads it off to me. I type it in and tell him the answer. Easier them me trying to do it.

Comment

Sweet, math help on SIS. Anyone want to find the Taylor series of this to form a 2nd order non-homogeneous differential equation, then use Laplace transforms to get a particular solution? If you guys get that one there are 7 more I have to do by Thursday.

but seriously I don't get this solving symbolically stuff if anyone does that would be a huge help.
        Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
        93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
        Eric

Comment

I can give you a Maclaurin Series if i'm not mistaken.

= t- (t^3/3!)+ (t^5/5!)- (t7/7!)....... and so forth for all t.

That's as much as you're getting outta me though, if thats even a correct start......

Have fun with that......

Calling Jon Maru!!
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Fuck that shit.... thanx
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
            My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I'll see if I have it when I get home I wrote a program for the TI-83 to do the quadratic formula. This isn't the one that you can get from TI.

The one I wrote leaves it in the form of the radical. Pressing "enter" gives you a numerical value. If you go to higher math you actually can't solve these for a value, only simplify them so I wrote this for calc 2, 3, and differential equations. Came in real handy
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

The basic thing to remember with these formulas is that they will always boil down to a basic form of the quadratic formula and then you keep breaking it down from there. WATCH YOUR SIGNS ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU START FLIPPING FRACTIONS.

The basic thing to understand during a test is to know how to identify this type of problem and how it should look in the end. Basically they can throw anything together but if it follows the A^2 + B^2= C^2 'guide' you're going to use the quadratic.

I think thats where people run into the biggest problem is not knowing what equation to use in the problem. Just identify it first and try not to get hung up on the variable. I know it sucks, but if you keep doing them it becomes second nature. Just keep with it Ryan and don't get discouraged. They can only throw so many at you at once so build your arsenal of formulas going into a test and know when to use which one when. That help?

Comment

Oh yeah, I found when doing these, do one step at a time and write the whole thing out after that step is done. If you want I can work one through for you to see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    The basic thing to remember with these formulas is that they will always boil down to a basic form of the quadratic formula and then you keep breaking it down from there. WATCH YOUR SIGNS ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU START FLIPPING FRACTIONS.

The basic thing to understand during a test is to know how to identify this type of problem and how it should look in the end. Basically they can throw anything together but if it follows the A^2 + B^2= C^2 'guide' you're going to use the quadratic.

I think thats where people run into the biggest problem is not knowing what equation to use in the problem. Just identify it first and try not to get hung up on the variable. I know it sucks, but if you keep doing them it becomes second nature. Just keep with it Ryan and don't get discouraged. They can only throw so many at you at once so build your arsenal of formulas going into a test and know when to use which one when. That help?

^^ nerd.

Comment

sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Nada_Jeep View Post
                        ^^ nerd.
                        I get called a nerd for that comment but not the one two up about making my own calculator programs

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          I'll see if I have it when I get home I wrote a program for the TI-83 to do the quadratic formula. This isn't the one that you can get from TI.

The one I wrote leaves it in the form of the radical. Pressing "enter" gives you a numerical value. If you go to higher math you actually can't solve these for a value, only simplify them so I wrote this for calc 2, 3, and differential equations. Came in real handy
                          I still have a program in mine for that. I think I wrote one in Basic too, I had a Basic engine on my Visor.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I used the programming feature on the calculator to write down all my chem formulas for the exam

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              I used the programming feature on the calculator to write down all my chem formulas for the exam
                              I did that for my precalc final... then i forgot my calculator in the dorm. Womp womp. Wonder if they're still in there.

Comment

Mine had more games on it than actual useful stuff.
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X