Project Green Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Green Monster

Came up with a new name HRV pronounced herv like herb(the guy not the thing you put on a salad) but with a v, stands for Hummer Recovery Vehicle. Possibly considering calling it herb or the jeehicle(my best friends drunken combo of jeep and vehicle.)Changed the name because it isn't green...I don't have that "cover" anymore and I like the new one better.

I'm new here but have had this Jeep for about 2 years now so I will start off going from when I got her to where I am now.

Bone stock after first off road expedition. (day after I got it)

"Flexing" on the 2" lift.

One of my favorites taken this winter on the 2"

Adding around 6" to the lift.

My CB right after it arrived.

Most annoying hub I have ever heard of in my life. It took 2 weeks 3 cans of PB, 3 new bolts taking the old ones and threading them backwards just enough to fully engage then put a 3 jaw puller on them tightened it as far as I could with a ratchet attached to a 5ft section of pipe. Still I had to take a chisel and a sledge hammer before it popped off VIOLENTLY.

Replacing the final stock bushing the UCA's at axle.
    Then 2 of my favorite pics.

Currently on Her:
    1.5” rear shackles from teraflex
    1.75” front coil spacers by daystar (removed)
    Welded custom floor plates
    Tomken 6” lift kit
    Rusty’s adjustable track bar
    Rusty’s custom front brake lines
    Surco Safari roof rack with tire carrier attachment
    Custom light bar w/6 lights
    Federal signal street hawk wrecker bar.
    Brand new front calipers (both)
    Custom intake with Spectre filter
    Skyjacker hydro 7000 shocks
    Rusty’s quick disconnects
    Rusty’s u-bolts
    Animal House horn
    Class III tow hitch with 1 7/8” ball
    Water pump
    Serpentine belt
    Battery
    Cobra 29LTD Army strong CB
    Replaced rotted though floor panels.
    Tube doors
    Kick panel speakers
    Logan's metal winch/prerunner bumper.
    XRC 8 Winch
    SYE
    Rear Tom Woods Driveshaft
    IRO 3-link
    IRO crossmember
    44 rear open with 4.56's
    RR "Near 1-Ton" steering
    KOR Steering box brace
    35/12.5?/15 Remington Mud Brutes

Plans:
    2 KC Daylighter lights
    New deck with aux. jack
    Rock Sliders
    Fender trimming
    Fix/replace steering box (have replacement)
    Tear out rockers
    Skid plates all around (have t-case skid, not installed yet)
    Replace my beat to piss ax-15
    4.7L stroker (Far future)
    Crawl box (Far future)
    Last edited by WickedXJ; 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

you may want to gear MUCH lower than 4.11 if you plan on running a 37"+ tire. 5.13, 5.38, something along those lines.

and are you running 8" of lift without an SYE?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

There's already a project green monster as well

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
        There's already a project green monster as well
        There's a "not so green monster".

And yea I am running 8+" without an SYE becuase of some advice from a complete moron, who was very persuasive at the time. That is why my entire assembly there is completely FUBAR. But it works for the moment so that is on my list and will probably be done at the same time as the axle swap.
        Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
        93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
          Currently on Her:

Water pump
          Serpentine belt
          Battery

Where the hell are you going to put 10 KC Daylighters btw?
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

damn i have been wanting to get a battery, serp belt and water pump on my jeep but cant afford it

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
              damn i have been wanting to get a battery, serp belt and water pump on my jeep but cant afford it
              Thats why Wills Jeep was overheating!!! You needs a waterpump !!!1111!!!!
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                Thats why Wills Jeep was overheating!!! You needs a waterpump !!!1111!!!!

Comment

can i get away just running the belt with no water pump?
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

I just copied that part from a list of new/custom parts on the car. To be fair it does have a serp. belt, a water pump, and a battery.
                    Eric

Comment

Its a great start man, lookin good! (gonna look way better with some tube doors) haha
                      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                        Its a great start man, lookin good! (gonna look way better with some tube doors) haha
                        Yea I'll get those painted and put on by like the 20th I'll get some pics up for ya.
                        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post

Where the hell are you going to put 10 KC Daylighters btw?
                          Putting 6 on the roof, 2 on the bumper, and 2 on the rear as reverse lights. Have 10 on there now but looking at 12 though they are obviously smaller than Daylighters but I can make it work. Also kick panel speakers are in, my new sand blaster is set up and beginning prep work for new rockers and floor panels (full removal of body rust.)
                          Eric

Comment

have fun with 37's or 39's on a set of 44's esp with that gearing.

ohhh and that large of a tire with a rusty's tracbar??? and short arms???

www.pirate4x4.com ...... go to jeep section, start in non hardcore, start reading, then go to hardcore, please, for the love of god.

ohhh and correct me if i'm wrong but your rig isn't green
                            Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 07-20-2010, 11:23 PM.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextSpanky View Post
                              have fun with 37's or 39's on a set of 44's esp with that gearing.

ohhh and that large of a tire with a rusty's tracbar??? and short arms???

www.pirate4x4.com ...... go to jeep section, start in non hardcore, start reading, then go to hardcore, please, for the love of god.

ohhh and correct me if i'm wrong but your rig isn't green
                              I am hopefully going to super 44's with the 33 spline if I can afford it. Also the track bar...yea it is going to break...The short arms are coming off for long, thought I listed that but apparently I didn't. And yea it's not green but her "car cover" is and she is also the "green" becuase of the "I support the environment" plates.
                              Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X