Project Green Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeepbogger4x4 View Post
    you dont need a different lift to go lower. just take out the 2in portion of your lift and you should be sitting at 6, maybe a bit lower if its sagged
    2" is out on the front as for the back...the upper shackle bolts have the nuts free spinning on the other side and need to take some drastic action to fix it.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

Comment

the things on the end of the axle tubes where the spindle bolts to are the c's
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        the things on the end of the axle tubes where the spindle bolts to are the c's

hey butthole. post the link for that ad. not just the pic, thanks.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

poly performance 44 c's

second link
          Last edited by Magilla; 07-23-2010, 11:55 PM.
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Top end done and back together. I cranked it today and it did just fine so when I get back from Maine I am going to finish some work on the bottom end then clean the throttle body and intake manifold. Knock on wood it will run when I get it all done. Check out my new engine bay (not 100% back together). By the way the color adds like 40 horsepower

I sent this pic to a buddy of mine and he told me something was wrong with my camera but in all honesty the paint does look nasty and it was sandblasted and put 7 coats of engine enamel on so that will last forever.
            Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
            93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
            Eric

Comment

Just got back from Maine and finished up the engine job. And to my great relief she coughed for a second then roared to life for the first time in a month. No more coughing, clicking, dying, etc. Purrs like a tiger.
              lower end before:

oil pan off and some work done:

new* oil pan on:

All of those black chunks (all from the engine 0% dirt from outside) were cleaned out of the lower end of the lower end only I must have a full 5 gallon bucket of the shit I pulled out of the top and middle of the engine. My best friend said it best "well there's your problem right there." And yes the bulletproof AMC I-6 did run with that much shit in it.

I also took the time to remount my new vacuum bulb as hitting that tree busted up the old mounts and I will be getting my Logan Steel bumper on Monday and believe that type of bumper requires re-mounting of the bulb, not sure it does but hey it is safer here anyway.
              Eric

Comment

New tube doors are awesome They fit perfectly. Armand and Joe really did a great job on these and even did the install job Thanks guys!
                Eric

Comment

Figured I should update since I haven't done one in a while. No pics at the moment but all the old floors are cut out and grinding is 90% done. One more day of weld prep then fabricating the new floors and welding them in. I have also put on a new IRO transfer case cross member back at stock height. I have IRO long arms to install. New 231 with extreme SYE. New Tom Woods premium CV rear shaft and lengthened front CV shaft. New prerunner/winch bumper and the winch installed. Hopefully it will all be done by the November run, but too much has been setting me back. Hopefully new tires soon too. I will post pics again when I remember.
                  Eric

Comment

sounds like you've been working hard and got a lot more ahead. keep it up
                    4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

can you get into parking garages with those lights on top?
                      91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

Comment

Originally posted by GRANT View Post
                        can you get into parking garages with those lights on top?
                        no but even if I clear the roof off I can't make it into any garages. Just makes me have to remember my bridge clearance
                        Eric

Comment

Whats the purpose of those lights?
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Whats the purpose of that lift?
                            95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                              Whats the purpose of those lights?
                              Long story short plow truck and tow vehicle for my friends who break down. People on my street are happier with me having a shit load of flashing amber lights towing these vehicles to my house.

Originally posted by murdered out manche View Post
                              Whats the purpose of that lift?
                              Was bottoming out on a local trail where I shouldn't have so I lifted it with a cheap lift someone I knew was selling.
                              Eric

Comment

Time for an update:
                                New bumper on with winch

floors cut out

New IRO T-case cross-member

New T-case with RE extreme SYE

Floors completely welded in and bed-lined (pic only shows driver side bed-lined)
                                Hope to get it back on the road tomorrow then have a trip planned maybe Thursday.
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X