Project Green Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey glad your enjoying the tube doors
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Jeep has some stuff done to it but mainly just finished what I said I was going to. New floors are in and done...problem is I sealed them so well that there is not a permanent pond in my jeep. It's been there for about 2 months now and no rust so I've been delaying putting drain plugs in...New long arms are in. New rear shaft is in. Winch is hooked up. Got tires ready to go on and gears and install kits and a new 44 ready to all go in but I just haven't had time with school and my new truck. So it's probably gonna stay the way it is for a while as the only 3 current problems are the front axle shaft bearing, the t-case linkage slips out when shifting from 4 to 2, and the pond. And I can live with all of these so I will not touch it until something bigger breaks. It has been living up to the sign on the back and rescuing many of my dumb ass friends from the woods.
      New floors done:

New tires seized up:

Tires with my Saab for no good reason

My new truck:
      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
      Eric

Comment

is your jeep really 8" of lift?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
          is your jeep really 8" of lift?
          Yes. 6" leafs with 2" shackles in the rear and 6.5" springs with 1.5" spacers (that are currently out) in the front.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

hmmm well Ill be jiggered. I only ask that because it doesnt look that tall for 8" of lift. I didnt want that to be a dick comment either I was genuinely just asking

are those new tires 35s?

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
              hmmm well Ill be jiggered. I only ask that because it doesnt look that tall for 8" of lift. I didnt want that to be a dick comment either I was genuinely just asking

are those new tires 35s?
              It looks taller in person. The floor is close to the same level as the roof in my Saab and closer to the height my Camaro's roof was at.

why yes...yes they are.
              Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                It looks taller in person. The floor is close to the same level as the roof in my Saab and closer to the height my Camaro's roof was at.

why yes...yes they are.
                very nice on the 35s

and yea i guess its the tiny tires and uncut fenders that are messing with me

Comment

In prep for my off road training I finished up a few odds and ends. I fixed up the exhaust for the millionth time. Mounted the mount for my cb mic. Cleaned out all the rust dust created by replacing the floors. Filled fluids. Fixed a small leak in the breather hose to the filler cap. Finally think I nipped the stupid transfer-case linkage bullshit in the bud. Added a GPS antenna for MUCH more accurate positions. Put on new drilled roters and slotted performance pads, one of the old pads was broken and I figure that was the grinding in that area. Fixed where the long arms were rubbing on the stock control arm mounts. Also got the ram running like the day it drove off the lot. Hope to fix the driver's coil spring retainer position and mount some new 55w reverse wide range lights I got for Christmas.
                  Eric

Comment

Time for an update. I just got all but a couple pieces of my new set-up in. Here are all the new goodies that are in as of now: 4.56 gears, new unit bearings, new carriers, new axle/carrier/pinion bearings, new seals, new steering, new rear brake lines, bamf diff covers. To come by Monday; new tires and a new steering box brace. Basically all new axles. Also drove it today and I'm getting some vibes so I need some 2 or 3 degree shims as my 6 degree ones are way too much. Pics:

Tires ready for mounting on Friday.
                    Eric

Comment

Mounting, balancing and alignment done today. Only issue was Steve welded the perches on too far to one side so it was sticking out to one side (causing shit-faced drunk driving type situation). He took my Jeep back fixed it and gave it another coat of paint all for a whopping $0.00 . Next project: fender trimming (they rub).

ram getting a little exposure in the background.
                      Last edited by WickedXJ; 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM.
                      Eric

Comment

looks good dude

from the pictures that 6 degree shim isn't enough, your pinion angle looks pretty low. We include a 7 degree shims with our 4.5" and 6.5" lift kits, makes the pinion angle alittle high for the 4.5" and alittle low for the 6.5" only makes sense 8" of lift makes that angle look low.

You want to make sure that the pinion yoke is pointing in a straight line to the output of the transfer case.
                        Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Thanks, yea my 6 degree was 100% dead on when I had my retarded t-case drop on with the 8.25", then it was 90% when I put it back up to stock with an extreme SYE. Then with the 44 I haven't tried it yet, honestly it has only been in for 2 days and I hoped it would work. So that will be added to my list tomorrow. I didn't know they even made 7 degree shims so I'll keep that option in mind.
                          Eric

Comment

http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/172

I know they're in stock cause they were the last thing i made before i left for Cali. Honestly though, i don't know how much that 1 extra degree is. from your post it sounded like you were gonna take them out and go down to a 3 degree shim.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Dude yours isnt even green asshole! Dizzys is green, make ur build thread "just another lame ass black xj build with to much fucking lift."
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                                Dude yours isnt even green asshole! Dizzys is green, make ur build thread "just another lame ass black xj build with to much fucking lift."
                                Wow...totally uncalled for....
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X