X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Where do you work?
    STS Tire and Auto. Byram NJ
    2. What do you actually do all day?
    Work on cars. Just got the job so they make me do easy stuff first. Oil changes, tire rotations, tire changes, brakes, etc.
    3. Do you like it?
    Yes I do. Oil changes get boring though
    4. What's your favorite part of your job? least favorite part of your job?
    Working on different kinds of cars and seeing which ones are nice and which ones suck. Im always doing something. I hate being bored
    5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
    Take a raise and fire my asst manager. fat fuck
    6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?
    Start an offroad vehicle repair/fabrication shop. Perhaps a store front too. add in a race team and a buggy. Been a dream of mine for a looooonnnngggggg time

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

1. Where do you work?
      Rolling Hills Country Club (Asst Superintendent)

Usually Spray deadly nerve toxins or fertilize, during the summer I water greens, and a ton of yelling in broken spanish

3. Do you like it?
      Fuck yeah

Favorite part: My office is a 160 acre play land I rule with my golf cart and I can walk to work
      Least Fav: 7 days a week from april to dec

5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
      5 day work weeks

6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?
      yes, start a fix it yourself garage....already saving up the capital
      1992 xj Briarwood
      Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
      Welded front and rear
      13' LED roof lights
      Disco ball
      Truck nuts
      Spinners

Comment

1. Where do you work?
        Truck Center Inc., Peterbilt/Volvo Truck Dealer
        Work on Pete and Volvo 18 Wheelers, Tear Down and Rebuild engines, electrical work, computer work, Diagnostics and more.
        3. Do you like it?
        Most of the time.
        Engine rebuilds would be the favorite. Least favorite is when i have to fix someone else's screw-ups because they don't know what they are doing.
        If I could i would can this one guy that is the same age as me, but he acts like he is still in high school, and thinks he knows everything about everything, opens his mouth before he thinks, and acts like he is boss to everyone including the foreman.
        sure I would. I would get a job operating machinery or be a crane operator.
        Last edited by RockClimber; 06-12-2011, 03:59 PM.
        -Ryan

Rigs:
        07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
        94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

i like seein what everyone does, this thread is cool
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

1. Where do you work?
            Covanta Energy Wallingford Plant

Repair Equipment; boilers, screw conveyors, baghouse systems, combustion sysems, etc

3. Do you like it?
            Money is the bes part (yes)

Best is when I get to design and fab something that remedies a problem or do a job where I have to race against time. Worst is call ins when it is raining or snowing and you have to work outside.

5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.) Work with people my own age ( I am the youngest person by 12 yrs)

6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be? Work for NU or own my own business
            1950 Willys Trail Rig
            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

1. Where do you work?
              Floyd Manufacturing, Cromwell CT

Run and work on large milling and turning machines.

3. Do you like it?
              Yes the machines are really interesting and we make all sorts of stuff, some for ferrari and lamborghini.

Best part is not having to deal with customer people anymore. I can just do my thing and run a machine or take my time working on one. At the moment I can only do so much on these machines because of their complexity. But as I learn more it gets easier.

5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)---- Make the guy that I have to work under all the time not polish because I can barely understand a damn word he ever says.

6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be? Work for myself, I just got my LLC so I'd really dive into that more then I could right now.
              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Bumping this because i haz a new Job/Career

1. Where do you work?
                TE Connectivity (Used to be TYCO electronics)
                I am in an apprenticeship to become a Journeyman Machinist. So over the course of 4 years I will have touched anything from a cnc screw machine to a form grinder and heat treated and assembled tools.
                3. Do you like it?
                Just started this week... But I can tell I am going to like it... Super benefits and great pay with good vacation time and very relaxed environment.
                Favorite... Great bene's and a hopefully rest of my life career type workplace.
                Least favorite...In the apprenticeship program we have to change shifts every 3 months or so... so that means I will be on every shift from 1st to third and possibly weekends.

Too soon to tell.
                Right now i wouldn't...because I believe this is a big step towards a great career and a great trade to be in. But if after I graduate my apprenticeship, TE does not need me or I have some serious cashola or drive I will take the tools I have learned in this apprenticeship to put them towards my own fabrication shop or work in a performance shop as a machinist.
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Congrats on the new Job, Josh.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Currently out of a job but had an interview today. If things go well I could start the 27th
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

HELLLL YEA JOSHH!!!!!!!!! AWESOME TO HEAR BUDDY!!!

And good luck Hux!
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Thanks dudeski
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          HELLLL YEA JOSHH!!!!!!!!! AWESOME TO HEAR BUDDY!!!

And good luck Hux!
                          gay edit
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            gay edit
                            it was
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

1. Where do you work?
                              North Haven Bike
                              repair bikes build bikes sell bikes a little of everything

3. Do you like it?
                              Yes best job ever

the atmosphere! i like it all

5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.) carry more clothing brands and a raise would be nice

6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be? Tech Ed Teacher!!!!!!!
                              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                              -57 GMC Pickup
                              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

1. Where do you work?

Philadelphia Sign

build/wire signs/logos for corporite america.

3. Do you like it?

favorite- i get alot of free stuff(drillbits, hardware, LEDs, wire.. so on) and have access to alot of tools and machines that come in handy owning a jeep.

least favorite- i work with alot of discusting mother fuckers..

more pay, closer to home.

i wouldnt hesitate to quit given my new job made me happier. i def want to catch snow crab like on deadliest catch for at least one season during my life though. it will probably happen within the next 5 years

part of me just wants to just drop everything and sail to an island like tahiti and live like an islander. but thats another story.
                                Last edited by lilnapsak; 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X