SiS Offroad Employment Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiS Offroad Employment Status

I know there have been threads like this but they turn into all the past jobs you have...... this one is for your current one.

Couple questions:
    1. Where do you work?
    2. What do you actually do all day?
    3. Do you like it?
    4. What's your favorite part of your job? least favorite part of your job?
    5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
    6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?

I know theres alot there ladies and gents. but i think this will be kinda fun.

ohhh and the only rule is, your favorite part of your job can't be your boss

I go first:
    1. Clayton Offroad Manufacturing
    2. Cut, machine, weld: control arms, brackets, track bars, etc; handle 95% of shipping on outgoing orders, box stuff up, do the occasional kit install, thread hundreds of johnny joints for hours at a time.
    3. Yea, i can honestly say i enjoy my job.
    4. favorite part: working in an industry i am passionate about. welding. machining.
    least favorite part: the old saying fits it "don't make your hobby, your job", it's not that its unbearable, but i can see where that comes from.
    5. this ones kinda hard, we need a climate controlled environment and i kinda want a desk, Idk what i'd use the desk for but it would be nice to have.
    6. Today no. a couple years from now maybe. I've always wanted to own a bar, little hole-in-the-wall tavern/pub type place with awesome food and extra cold beers.

Who's next???
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
    I know there have been threads like this but they turn into all the past jobs you have...... this one is for your current one.

Couple questions:
    1. Where do you work?
    Sam Ash Music in New Haven
    I sell guitars, play guitars, and generally fuck around
    3. Do you like it?
    I enjoy it
    Favorite: I get to play with expensive guitars I'll never afford, Least: same
    5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
    Afford some of the gear I sell
    6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?
    If I could, I'd quit to open my own shop and do pickup swaps, setups, and repair work on amps and guitars
    I hate when people can afford the guitars I can't
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

yeaaaa, i feel the same way..... i work around top dollar offroad shit. I can't afford an atlas or a prorock 60.... yet we have customers that can

sometimes it hurts. lol.

Hahahahaha whats stopping you from opening your own shop??? make some business cards up and start doin repairs outta the house......

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

make some business cards up

speakin of which, ill contribute to this thread in a bit...im still workin!
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

see that hux, go for it brotato.

okay i can't wait to see what that heavymetal guy brings to the table, don't you work at a golf course or something????

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

[QUOTE=JeepBabiiXJ;252273]I know there have been threads like this but they turn into all the past jobs you have...... this one is for your current one.

Couple questions:
            1. Where do you work?
            briarpatch enterprises inc
            i make card board tops and bottoms that we use to ship clams and oysters
            unload the clam and oyster boats count the oysters run the machine that counts the clams pack both and ship them and load the truck at night that brings them to new york plus i do electrical work in the shop

3. Do you like it?
            its okay dont hate it dont love it
            favorite part working with something domestic not from chink land or some far away place our clams and oysters are all caught right here in the sound
            lest favorite part going to the same place day in and day out doing the same thing

id have to say to change what i do up a little have it be a little different every day
            i might be quitting not tomorrow but sometime in the closeish future to do do electrical work in Grenwich
            2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
            97' zj
            2012 surbra imperza DD
            im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

, don't you work at a golf course or something????
              used to.... lawl
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

1. Where do you work?
                HeavyMetalConcepts - home
                Browse the web, post on facebook and forums. LOL. Actual work is editing/shooting videos/photos, as well as designing for print and web, and sending lots of emails some days to make deals.
                3. Do you like it?
                Absolutely positively.
                That I do what I love, I get to travel and experience exciting events and other things and get paid to do it. Least favorite...chasing clients to pay ALL THE TIME.
                5. If you could change something at your job what would it be?
                My workspace. I need more space.
                Not a chance in hell. This is already what I quit other things for to be in pursuit of.
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

1. Where do you work?
                  Gunsmithing, LTD
                  I Repair and custom alter Firearms.
                  3. Do you like it?
                  Meh.
                  Working with firearms is also a plus, but sometimes the jobs are so boring and mundane and repetitive that it sucks all the joy out of the job. Simple jobs because tedious because they are mind numbingly time consuming. There are customers who bring me lots of food, so that's a plus.
                  Control what jobs my shop takes in and tell other people who want the most asinine things done to go pounds sand.
                  Firearms Instructor.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Control what jobs my shop takes in and tell other people who want the most asinine things done to go pounds sand.
                    Reference Ryan's sniper rage-face...
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

1.0 where do you work
                      liquid iron idustries
                      2.) what do you actually do all day?
                      i do alot of the mechanical work such as figuring out how to make a ls1 in a wrangler run. deal with customers on the phone, give advice on what the next step in the build is.
                      3.)do you like it?
                      i like it alot i work on different stuff everyday and build crazy things
                      4.)what the favoritepart of your job/ least favorite.
                      my favorite part is the people that walk through the door everybody that comes in has a different idea that i can learn from and try out. least favorite part is on wednesday we put in like 60 hours already.
                      5.) if you could change something about your job what would it be,
                      i would move it to ct. i miss my family my freinds and most of all my puppy and my girl.
                      6.)if you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else would you? and what would it be.
                      i wouldnt quit this is what i wanna do. if i had no choice i would prolly open a bar like zullo said little place where everyone knows everyone.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Couple questions:
                        1. Where do you work?
                        Culligan Water/Coffee

Drive the truck

3. Do you like it?
                        I like the fact that i work as long as i want. if i wanna go home early i hustle and go home at like 1 or 2. the job itself is f'n work!

make my own hours is fav. least fav is dealing with the ghetto/rich ppl. they both suck.

theres nothing to change. pretty simple. i deliver the water. i wouldn't mind a raise but i get paid handsomely for what i do

company might be going under. if that happens i got a year left on my bachelors. i'd rock unemployment and reap the benefits of poverty / pursueing a degree and get a bachelors for almost free while getting paid for it. AMURICA
                        2 tj's
                        3 yj's
                        2 xj's
                        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Couple questions:
                          1. Where do you work?
                          Milford Boat Works
                          I sit in a deck chair and bask in the sun, sometimes read a book. And I occasionally bag ice, tie up a boat, put some fuel in and pump the shit out.
                          3. Do you like it?
                          Its really hard to dislike relaxing.
                          Favorite part must be sitting in a chair for 30-40 minutes while a guy puts $2000 of diesel in his boat and then he tips me $10. Least favorite is it gets boring if its not busy.
                          Besides all my wishes of a huge raise and the smokin' hottie, I really would like my old chair back. Which was much more comfortable. (and I pretty sure some ass left it out one night and its blew off the dock and sunk...If he was still here I'd fire him)
                          This is only my summer/fall job and in that aspect I don't think I could find a better one.

Comment

Couple questions:
                            1. Where do you work?

Woodlawn north purchase crematory

I cremate people

3. Do you like it?

i love my job. eventually i'll be superintendent and take my boss' position and salary. i work for an awesome couple(husband and wife) whove been here for 20 years and they are the nicest people ive ever worked for. getting time off is not an issue, i have full benefits and, well, being in the death business, theres always always always going to be work.

my favorite part is the down time. i have lots of it and get to screw around with little projects or the jeep and stuff. least favorite part, i really dont want to say, some people might not want to hear it, so ill just say stinky dead people.

i honestly dont think i would change anything. obviously i want more money, but it will come with time and im getting by just fine with what i make. not to mention i get anywhere from 80-250 bucks in tips each week.

absolutely positively no way in hell. this is the career ive been waiting to walk into for a long time, and it finally happened. ill honestly probably be here until i retire.
                            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

1. Where do you work?
                              Napa Auto Parts
                              Wait on the occasional customer and stock the shelves as needed... other than that I play facebook/pirate4x4/youtube/SISoffroad all day.
                              3. Do you like it?
                              NOPE
                              Favorite part: I get to be on the internet all day.
                              Least Favorite Part: I get to be on the internet all day.

1. Get all new management that doesn't sit on their patootie all day and micromanage
                              2. Get a raise... A lil' bit above minimum wage sucks bawls.

A. Work at a fabrication shop building sick vehicles
                              B. Start my own Fab Shop and build sick vehicles
                              C. Work in one of the many Manufacturing plants around my area and make SRS bank with stupid beni's and fab on the side.
                              Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM.
                              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                              • 5.13's
                              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Working...
                              X