No announcement yet.

2000 Jetta HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably ate so many crayons as a kid that the smell doesn't even phase him anymore.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

waitin to see if erik sees this thread...hes the only other VW Gay i know on here
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Danny Gannon had that Fahrenheit edition GTi and he did a bunch of gay shit to it like put small tires on those obnoxiously wide rims.

I still don't get why people do that.
        sigpic

Comment

well he posted in this thread already, you can ask him
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            I still don't get why people do that.
            to fit the rims at the desired height.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
              to fit the rims at the desired height.
              So you buy extremely wide rims? Why not buy a tire / rim combo that matches?
              sigpic

Comment

So you buy extremely wide rims? Why not buy a tire / rim combo that matches?
                your jeep tire combo matches?

Comment

your jeep tire combo matches?
                  actually yeah, my rim and tire match perfectly as far as proportional sizing.
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Technically, yes but my rims aren't wider than the tire. Instead of making shitty snide remarks, you can answer my question or is that beyond the scope of your understanding.

I'll ask it again just in case you did see the question the first time: Why do people use rims that are much wider than the tire? You answer "to fit the rims at the desired height." makes no sense to me, so please elaborate.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll ask it again just in case you did see the question the first time: Why do people use rims that are much wider than the tire? You answer "to fit the rims at the desired height." makes no sense to me, so please elaborate.
                      Originally: "The whole thing started in germany/belgium, local laws required that the tire tread be within the fender line. well that doesnt allow one to run wider or lower offset wheels, so they put narrower tires on the wheel to maintain legality"

Reason for stretching tires now is to get the angle of the tire side wall about the same as the inside of fender (which has been rolled flat back up to its self).

At least that is how I understand it. I have never had or wanted stretched tires.

Comment

Funny I have towed cars before, easily 2-3 times as many jeeps towed off the road vs. VW.
                        Thats because the VWs won't even make it out of the driveway. Every VW I've been in smells like crayons. Most of my female friends drive Jettas and Passats and one has a Beetle. They all complain about how their car smells. VWs also have terrible electronics. I agree jeeps do break down, so do all vehicles, but if my tranny ever breaks I go to a junkyard and get one from a crashed jeep for 200 bucks and swap it in. German engineering is a huge FAIL, thats why they lost the war.
                        -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Originally: "The whole thing started in germany/belgium, local laws required that the tire tread be within the fender line. well that doesnt allow one to run wider or lower offset wheels, so they put narrower tires on the wheel to maintain legality"

Reason for stretching tires now is to get the angle of the tire side wall about the same as the inside of fender (which has been rolled flat back up to its self).

At least that is how I understand it. I have never had or wanted stretched tires.
                          I'm just wondering how they mount those? Those tires sound like a bitch to mount on the rims. I can imagine you wouldn't be able to use a regular tire machine if you have to stretch them??
                          -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Originally posted by jeepkid03 View Post
                            I'm just wondering how they mount those? Those tires sound like a bitch to mount on the rims. I can imagine you wouldn't be able to use a regular tire machine if you have to stretch them??
                            They pop the bead out there the same diameter tire just narrow...

Comment

German engineering is a huge FAIL, thats why they lost the war.
                              Your history teacher was Fail...

Comment

German engineering is a huge FAIL, thats why they lost the war.
                                Wow, that is officially the dumbest fucking statement in this entire thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X