No announcement yet.

Pleasure Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taxes and the 45 cottages owned and rented out by Stratford.

Comment

No one has lived in those cottages for years, they're all abandoned

Comment

I know, and I'm saying that if they did not close off the whole area and allowed it to be redeveloped then it could have been beneficial. Bringing in taxes and so on.

Comment

The infrastructure necessary to make that place nice again would've cost a ton of money. I think once they make it an actual park and beach it will be really nice to go visit.

Comment

I agree with you. But, that cost would have been a problem for any company that wanted to build there.

Comment

no way they woulda rebuilt there. Too many environmental regs and shit these days.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

what was the original reasoning behind the abandonment in the first place?
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

the bridge burned down in 96
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    The infrastructure necessary to make that place nice again would've cost a ton of money. I think once they make it an actual park and beach it will be really nice to go visit.
                    There was a group of Greenwich lawyers that wanted to bring that place back and had the money to do so, Park City still said 'No'.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      There was a group of Greenwich lawyers that wanted to bring that place back and had the money to do so, Park City still said 'No'.
                      WTF????
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

• Yup. Welcome to CT.
                        sigpic

Comment

• wow....the title of this thread was deceiving. i was expecting something totally different
                          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

• anyone who has enjoyed pleasure beach in the past

i recommend if you have any interest, to go out again soon, it isnt going to be much longer until CT turns it into yet another sterilized generic boring area. seems to be lots of activity out there with trailers/loaders n stuff. at least one of the main buildings has been gutted/theres infrastructure like generators on site. i forsee pleasure beach being a thing of the past soon, and not in the way it has been.

i was out there today with nicole. go enjoy it while you can!
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X