Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION NEWBS: WHEELING SPOTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

case and point: http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=96312&st=0
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Yay CT ..... Even the fuck-ups in CA haven't banned off-roading.... Yet.

But, yes, I have talked to many State troopers, Forest "rangers" (DEP lawmen as it were)... Anyhow, the results are always the same "Nope, sorry, wish I could tell you different, but there are no legal places to go off-roading in the state of Connecticut.".

Sure, there are unmaintained roads out there, but it's talking about them and wheeling on them that turns them into "gated" roads.

Either way, this thread wasn't created to ask you, the reader, if you knew of a spot. It was made to tell you, it doesn't matter about what spot you might know of, DO NOT DISCUSS IT HERE. Simple.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
      My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

nope Shane you pretty much nailed it
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
          and that ladies and gentlemen is why this thread exists...thank you
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            There is legal wheeling in Voluntown Connecticut
            there is some legal wheelin on the CT/RI border, nothing exciting tho.... a stock xj/mj can handle the trails there with no problems
            Last edited by WBkrazy; 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM.
            "Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

88 Jeep Comanche 4.0/AW-4/NP231/D30/D35
            95 Chevy K1500 ext. cab 350/4L60E/NP208
            91 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3/700R4 (gotta have something that gets good gas mileage!)

Comment

That sucks to here about all that. I am glad we have some awesome places to wheel out here in CO. (and trust me I'm not trying to throw it in your face.) Really.
              92 XJ 4 1/2" SkyJacker hybrid lift, 2 1/2" leafs, adj. shackle, JKS discos, T-case drop, braided hoses, adj t/b, 31x10.50 Cooper STT's and black steelies, D30 and 8.25.

Comment

Originally posted by 92XJ View Post
                That sucks to here about all that. I am glad we have some awesome places to wheel out here in CO. (and trust me I'm not trying to throw it in your face.) Really.
                Oh don't worry, you can rub it in all you want, but in the end, we know and we've know for years. Ever since the lift was installed on my jeep, we knew there was no where around here to go. It's sweet isn't it?

The Northeast is nothing but a festering boil of fail on the united states of America and if it wasn't for my friends and family, I'd be the fuck out of here faster than shit through a goose.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  Similar thing recently happened at one of the spots near me

Oh and the guy who posted that has one of the nastiest buggys around
                  DD - 95 F150, 302, 5 Speed, 6" Lift, & 36" TSL/Iroks

Trail Rig (In Progress) - 97 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, 12" of Lift, Chevy 1 Tons w/35 SPLs, 39.5 Iroks, 4 Link Front, Leaf Rear, Dana 300, Exo and a bunch of other goodies

Comment

Cockaponset state forest south of Middletown is completely legal . I have passed Forrest rangers on the trail and they don't mind wheeling there at all. There are trails that have "no motor vehicle signs" but those are only a few, most are gated periodically. They seem to open certain gated trails seasonally so that you can wheel that trail for about 4-6 months then let it recover for a year or two and repeat. This keeps the trails new and they are everything from easy to quite rough. No rock crawling but some of the trails get REALLY tough when they meet streams or marshes. Seems to be pretty popular though as there are quite a few groups that wheel it and some have even set up crude signs for trail marking. It is exit 6 off route 9. Turn west on the main road then turn just past the lake after a while you wind up on dirt roads which lead to all of the trails.
                    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                    Eric

Comment

Dude.
                      pork chop sandwiches

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                        No rock crawling but some of the trails get REALLY tough
                        we have a completely different definition of the word tough.
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextSpanky View Post
                          we have a completely different definition of the word tough.
                          this
                          97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                            Cockaponset state forest south of Middletown is completely legal . I have passed Forrest rangers on the trail and they don't mind wheeling there at all. There are trails that have "no motor vehicle signs" but those are only a few, most are gated periodically. They seem to open certain gated trails seasonally so that you can wheel that trail for about 4-6 months then let it recover for a year or two and repeat. This keeps the trails new and they are everything from easy to quite rough. No rock crawling but some of the trails get REALLY tough when they meet streams or marshes. Seems to be pretty popular though as there are quite a few groups that wheel it and some have even set up crude signs for trail marking. It is exit 6 off route 9. Turn west on the main road then turn just past the lake after a while you wind up on dirt roads which lead to all of the trails.
                            I have taken a toyota camry down 95% of these roads = not very tough and have done most all the non gated trails in my jeep in 2wd....

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                              I have taken a toyota camry down 95% of these roads = not very tough and have done most all the non gated trails in my jeep in 2wd....
                              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                              MK2 Jetta > M3
                              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

just saying as he said they're grated dirt roads... nothing tough about them

Comment

Working...
                                X