Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Yeah. Remember his rear leafs?

They morphed into trailing arms by the end of the day.
    I can just picture the leafs slapping against the sheetmetal.

Comment

Alright after talking to R J today I have decided to simply upgrade to a 44 and maybe then an HD track bar or even OTK if I can get my Camaro sold. which reminds me anyone want to buy an 87 drag Camaro? Member discount .
      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
      Eric

Comment

I make my own steering I have the tap reamer and tubing but I use 3/16 wall like I said before still very beefy but there is more meat over the threads.

I also have a bender so can bend the tie rods around the diff if needed.

send me a PM if your interested.
        I'm located I Naugatuck.

~Justin
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
          Alright after talking to R J today I have decided to simply upgrade to a 44 and maybe then an HD track bar or even OTK if I can get my Camaro sold. which reminds me anyone want to buy an 87 drag Camaro? Member discount .
          a 44 front on 32's?? if he talked you into a waggy 44 cause the stock steering on them is beefier, then you are overkilling just to get some beefy steering. Not to mention the hassle with running a waggy front with a stock rear..... ie, lug pattern, they are 6 lug. also you're looking at about $400 just for the axle brackets to install it. and what about gears? locker? its a junkyard axle sooo... new brakes? u joints? possibly new lockout hubs?

it would be worth it if you are looking to run 35 or 37 inch tires at some point, but then you also have to keep in mine that you are going to have to build a rear axle too.

Honestly if you arent ready to go all out on dumping a crap load of money into your rig just upgrade the 30's steering and continue to enjoy.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I did not say shit about the steering scooter he wants to jump up to 36s and i said waggy 44 front would be good with 44 rear
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

ohhh well in that case its good to go agree with waggy 44 front. This thread was about steering so i just had to chime in when i heard that.

44 rear?? normally you rep the 8.8 like its your job, as it is the better option IMO.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

reason for waggy 44 rear saves money no need to swap one to 5 lug or vise versa
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                  reason for waggy 44 rear saves money no need to swap one to 5 lug or vise versa
                  Si senore. Unless you wanted to buy a set of 8.8 chromos with a custom lug pattern and brakes to match. which is muchos dinero.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

No tengo mucho dinero so I will be taking R J's advice and yea it's not just for the steering but I will still be running 44's with 32"s for a while until I can upgrade to long arm and locked to get everything all set before I add the 37"s so I don't screw all the work I have done up.
                    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                    Eric

Comment

Working...
                    X