Eliptical Leaf Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliptical Leaf Setup

My buddy just picked a late 80's ranger thats got a 44 and a 9" under it. Front still runs radius arms and rear has an eliptical leaf setup with revolver shackles. My question is if this is streetable or not? He plans to drive it around town but not as a daily..
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Is is 1/4 eliptical or 3/4 just out of curiosity

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

1/4

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I think we would need pics or a better description of the eliptical setup to give any useful advice.
        sorry bro.
        get back to us.
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
          I think we would need pics or a better description of the eliptical setup to give any useful advice.
          sorry bro.
          get back to us.
          I think I have some on my camera If not I'll get some I dont really know shit about this kind of setup being that its the first I've ever seen it or heard of it.....

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

1/4 ellipticals are just 4 or 3 link suspension instead of a coil spring they use a leaf spring works good for packaging. It needs a shackle or something to allow for the leaf to change lengths as it moves in an arc.
            The revolver will just let the suspension drop just like a coil coming out of it's bucket.

You should be fine to drive it on the road with 1/4 elliptical granted suspension geometry is solid.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
              1/4 ellipticals are just 4 or 3 link suspension instead of a coil spring they use a leaf spring works good for packaging. It needs a shackle or something to allow for the leaf to change lengths as it moves in an arc.
              The revolver will just let the suspension drop just like a coil coming out of it's bucket.

You should be fine to drive it on the road with 1/4 elliptical granted suspension geometry is solid.
              x2

he could always.... just try driving it.
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

This is how the setup he has is... and dana hes got no drivetrain in it yet but I was just curious as to if it was streetable...

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Some pics of it kinda shitty but gives the idea

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

As long as those shocks actually do something and arent just there for looks, I cant imagine it would handle badly on road. he wont know till he tries tho haha
                    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

i am not a fan of those control arms
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Yikes, I would cut all of that out and go back to stock
                        1950 Willys Trail Rig
                        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                            I kinda thought it looked sketchy too however I had never seen an eliptical leaf setup before so I had no clue what I was looking at and still really dont lol. Idk supposedly the truck had some articles done on it or something however Im starting to not believe it... Im gunna jump on the ranger station and try to find the build pics.

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                              x2.... those control arms are hack-tacular
                              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                              some people choose video games
                              some choose projects
                              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Working...
                              X