No announcement yet.

D.W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now im getting desperate for a solution. Jeep was fine for about 2 days and it came back. Originally tires got a shimmy so im thinking balencing issue? Im gonna go talk to the local jeep fanatic and see what he can do to help me out but thought i should ask here first.

Heres some pics to see if anyone can point out a cause of d.w

Lower control arm

This coil seems like it's bent but maybe it's just me.

can anyone spot a cause, no real point to this one but maybe someone will find something wrong with my setup. (i know i shouldn't have stock steering but it's the next thing on the list of purchases.)
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Your steering and control arm angles seem to be screwed up. You need long arms or drop brackets, something with the steering, check the aligment.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

it's probabley a combination of what caleb said and maybe 1 of your tires is off balance/broken band .... check all of the above

Comment

get a better pic of your trackbar mount on the axle side. also are those stock lowers ?
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

is your lower control arm hitting your shock mount at ride height?
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

i believe they are fixed lowers for a 4.5 inch lift, they are made of square tubing i believe. Ill get a pic in the am of that bracket

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                i believe they are fixed lowers for a 4.5 inch lift, they are made of square tubing i believe. Ill get a pic in the am of that bracket
                ok wasnt sure from the pic. does it have a relocation bracket for your trackbar ? i cant see one... which would also explain the bending spring.

the bracket looks like this ( drops down below stock trackbar hole)

id still bet a bad bushing, grab a friend and check track bar bushing yet ?
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Bushings got done last weekend, and no i dont have a track bar drop bracket on the axle side. Where can i get one?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

internets like $25
                    eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

This?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-JTBF

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

bad ball joints? looks like quite a bit of negative camber in the right front wheel
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                          bad ball joints? looks like quite a bit of negative camber in the right front wheel
                          since i have the next 4 days off, ill take the measurements with the camber scale (or what ever it's called)

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Just talked to my dad and he said that these front ends aren't adjustable when it comes to camber

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

^^^ this is why you might have bad balljoints, also those lowers look like they are resting on your axle brackets, because they should have a bend in them
                              dirty30

Comment

I know this is a really stupid question but, why is it bad to have the lower touching the shock mount?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                                X