D.W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.W

Ok, i looked at the thread made in the sticky's, but i cant seem to find the answer for my death wobble. I put in a 1.75 in spacer to even out my lift in the front, so now it sits just above 5.5 inches. Every bump i hit i get it, and now sometimes at around 40 mph. I put in a new Tre for the pitman arm to the draglink, adjusted my trackbar, put in a new unit-bearing in the drivers side front, steering stablizer is in.

Could it be that since im still on short arms that this is happening?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

yes. Caster is off.

Comment

x2
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

i have adjustable uppers, but fixed lowers, if i got a set of adjustable lowers, would it be enough to stop this? I don't have the funds for long arms so this is really my only option besides removing the spacers.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

would having a bad alignment done have anything to do with this. i eyeballed it last summer to get it on the road, and since then i've done alot of work on the front. Would it be worth taking a closer look at that?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

definitely. my .02, get it aligned at a shop. as to the adjustable lowers, might help a bit but dunno.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

most likely the extra height through off the pinion angle in the front. perhaps push out the uppers a bit to compensate
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

so it is probably the control arms? im trying to narrow this down. Tomorrow ill check the toe-in and toe-out and go from there. next weekend ill get into the control arms more

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

check caster that will most likely be that cause

Comment

can you explain what caster is please. I don't know a thing about caster/camber

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

caster is the tilt of your knuckle forward or back forward is negative caster and back is positive more positive caster will make it track straighter but harder to turn typically you want about 3 to 5 degrees of positive caster

Comment

Comment

I like death wobble, it keeps me awake in tired drives home
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

This might help diagnose it but when i hit a bump on the highway, i could feel the tires shimmy, and so i got on the gas more and it went away.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

how old are your shocks? That cured it for me when i had it

Comment

Working...
                              X