33s or 35s. go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33s or 35s. go.

im gettin some KM2s in a few weeks hopefully. 33s and a front locker down the road (and i wont regear). or get 35s and regear to 4.56 or 4.10 sometime down the road and keep the front open.
    33s and play it safe
    57.14%
    35s and nut up or shut up
    42.86%

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

ive loved my setup on 35s with open front, 3 years now about, then again i surely do not speak for everyone on sis obviously...many will disagree with me

you need to decide what your NEEDS are, and what you are willing to run

id 35 it and regear, open front, end of story
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

personally 1" of ground clearance is not huge a front locker would make up for it. the difference is only like 12 dollars between the 2. stay with 33s i would say
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        ive loved my setup on 35s with open front, 3 years now about, then again i surely do not speak for everyone on sis obviously...many will disagree with me

you need to decide what your NEEDS are, and what you are willing to run

id 35 it and regear, open front, end of story
        still my DD. 33s will be more road friendly......so the smart choice would be 33s....but we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          personally 1" of ground clearance is not huge a front locker would make up for it. the difference is only like 12 dollars between the 2. stay with 33s i would say
          it is regearing it or running a locker
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            still my DD. 33s will be more road friendly......so the smart choice would be 33s....but we shall see
            i disagree an ungeared jeep on 33s will be more road friendly than a geared one on 35s
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

i got no issues on 35s dd'ing
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

i disagree an ungeared jeep on 33s will be more road friendly than a geared one on 35s
                well its got 3.55s instead of 3.07s.....so its not terrible right now. but i dont wanna run 35s on 3.55s too long cause i dunno when im gonna have funds to regear. and i would rather gear a D44 or 8.8 which i cant afford either. so the option is pretty much plan for the future and run 35s, or keep the same set up and run a front locker. honestly i think running a front locker will benefit me more

Comment

REGEAR. if 35's means you will regear it then do 35's. a front locker is dirt cheap you can always figure that out months from now. if 33's means sticking with the 3.55's then i say no
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

it is regearing it or running a locker
                    im saying 33s on the same gears with a locker is just as capable as 35's open
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

also i dont like 35s with 4.10s
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

I'd hold out find a used "decent" set of 33's and run them and spend your money on gears and then order the 35's

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          I'd hold out find a used "decent" set of 33's and run them and spend your money on gears and then order the 35's
                          thats fucking stupid and a waste of money
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

well the choices are either or
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

thats what im saying too. but i REALLY wanna regear, and i feel getting 35s will make me regear. but its a money situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X