X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
    34s
    best answer so far, by far!!

Go with 35's and 5.13s, then see if you can go faster than 50 on route 80.
    2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Seeing Dave's red Jeep and Phil on 33's locked f/r, I would go with that. Less to worry about and more streetable on 33s I would think

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
        best answer so far, by far!!

Go with 35's and 5.13s, then see if you can go faster than 50 on route 80.
        dude clearly you didn't read the thread. i told him to put a 5.0 in it, i thought you would be happy about that
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

yeah but then it would end up looking like your jeep......

or worse my bronco.
          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

If you plan on throwing bigger axles under there, go 33's

I plan on running 35's on 4.88, spooled rear and possibly locked front when o have the funds, but I hve a DD so...
            dirty30

Comment

I would love to be geared

Lockers are for queers
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I say save a little longer and gear and lock your axles with 35s because we all know that you will go this route so why not just save a few more months and get it done once.

Not trying to be a smartass or anything either. If I were in your situation this is what i would do. You'd save cash in the long run.
                Last edited by crosbike; 02-24-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

you will fucking love love a front locker in addition to the rear

i would never consider running 33"+ tires with an open differential (I did it and it sucks nuts) of course If I never had the luxury of a front locker before It probably wouldnt be so bad.
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    i would never consider running 33"+ tires with an open differential
                    truth.com
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i say keep 33s, if your gona keep your axles for awhile i say lock the front an regear it for the 33s. i think locked an geared 33s would get you much farther than an open an geared 35s, plus you wouldnt have to worry about breaking things as much wich makes wheelin more fun cuz you dont have to baby the shit out of it.
                      97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

im confused in this thread

were the options not:

locked ungeared 33s

or unlocked geared 35s?

geared and locked 33s is the obvious choice...but i was under the impression that wasnt an option right now
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

seems to be that jump to 35's requires so much more additional beefing for only an inch of ground clearance. i say lock it front and rear on 33's. less work, less money, more practical. and in my opinion less chance of breakage. the more you fuck with shit the more it'll break. you have factory set up backlashes and tensions and its less likely to break if you dont fuck with it.
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

yea i was kinda confused too. but i thought i seen someone talking about locked with 33s so i figured he might have been thinkin about that, an i figured u could do locked-geared 33s for kinda close to the same price as geared 35s
                            97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

gears and 35s or locked and 33s
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                                im confused in this thread

were the options not:

locked ungeared 33s

or unlocked geared 35s?

geared and locked 33s is the obvious choice...but i was under the impression that wasnt an option right now
                                you are correct.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                                X