No announcement yet.

what kind of axles do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beat to shit Dana 30 (with good brakes and bearings) and 29 spline Chrysler 8.25" Rocking 3.55's open/open now for 5 years, currently running 33's.... I've only ever broken the ear of one dana 30 shaft... and that was with 31'....and in mud. So take that as you will, most of you can attest to my driving style.

Comment

with a 29 spline and dana 30 with the bigger 760 u joints you can be locked no problem front and rear on 33s. but im sure since you are just doing light/medium wheeling you will be fine with just a rear locker. the stock 297 u joints in your 99 will be fine up to 35 inch tires if not locked.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

waggy 44s. rears a bolt in to an xj just need to weld a shock tab on, front on the other hand is not
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          waggy 44s. rears a bolt in to an xj just need to weld a shock tab on, front on the other hand is not
          just to elaborate on disss so dumb people dont go bolting wagina 44's in thier jeeps

the rear axle will just about bolt in

but your wheels wont fit the axle
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

ahh forgot that part yea waggy 44s are six lug

my lug patterns are hawkish at the moment
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

xj 44 rear and lockrite. hp30 front and aussie on 35's with 4.88's. i'm easy on em and they have lasted so far
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                just to elaborate on disss so dumb people dont go bolting wagina 44's in thier jeeps

the rear axle will just about bolt in

but your wheels wont fit the axle
                bolt in really?? i thought you had to relocate spring perches. but hey maybe i read wrong...and aren't waggy rears slimmer than a xj axle??
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
                  bolt in really?? i thought you had to relocate spring perches. but hey maybe i read wrong...and aren't waggy rears slimmer than a xj axle??
                  61" WMS for the narrow track IIRC up front and 59" rear I believe.
                  Last edited by Saharicon; 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM.
                  You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

i gots a manche 44 with 4.56's and a detroit, up front is a hp 30 that is open for now it has the larger shafts with the 760 u joints in it. ohhh and i run 33's.

i plan on upgrading the front to a 44 by the time my somewhat new 33's die in order to 35's.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

60 rear built to fuck

44 front built to fuck

5.38 gears
                      nothin but alloys
                      soopa joints
                      truss
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i'm surprised no one mentioned an 8.8

Comment

Working...