No announcement yet.

ford 8.8 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That link is very helpful. I read that whole write up like 5 times. Read it. It has good information. You'll learn alot
    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

east coast gear supply is now selling complete bolt in 8.8s for the tjs for 550 http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-276...olt-in-tj.html
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

wow =thats a pretty cool find cletis...

axle i want costs $3500

Is there any sense in running the same axle front and back?
        http://www.chucksirois.com/jeep

Comment

that dude's website is awesome. definitely the best guidelines I've ever read. I wonder how he found the time to document all of his mods.
          Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by chucks_net View Post
            Is there any sense in running the same axle front and back?
            huh? elaborate
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

well, I'm running an 8.8 rear and a Dana 30 front. Is there a matched strenght setup? Or do I not need to worry about this...
              http://www.chucksirois.com/jeep

Comment

Originally posted by chucks_net View Post
                well, I'm running an 8.8 rear and a Dana 30 front. Is there a matched strenght setup? Or do I not need to worry about this...
                generally the rear will be a stronger axle. but i think u-joints up front and stub shafts go just as quick.

anyways, you will be fine. when you start killing ball joints/unit bearings all the time or you're blowin shafts left and right (no homo) get yourself a d44
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

waggy 44's

Comment

Anyone know if you have to replace the brackets when you put the 8.8s into cherokee....thought i read somewhere about them being close enough that you dont have to do anything???

Comment

haha no the explorer 8.8s are spring under so you need to weld new perches and shock mounts on
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                      X