mah jeep is shaking apart......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mah jeep is shaking apart......

No, not death wobble hahaha. When I start off from a stop the whole jeep wants to shake apart. Its a 5 speed by the way. It's not all the time, but a lot of the time. Also, my fan is now hitting the fan shroud when the engine is under a good load. (Like taking off from first to third and the engine is torquing the most). Im feeling motor mounts, but it started after I put the long arms in. I checked to make sure everything was tight with the new arms, and it is. and I checked to see if the shifter moves a lot when im on and off the gas, and it seems normal. I havent checked the motor mounts with a prybar or anything yet but I will tomorrow. Passenger side U joint is shot, driver side is on its way out. Dont know if that would cause that but hey you never know. If anyone has had the same problem or similar please help me out.
    Last edited by CumminsJeep; 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

you do have rustys motor mounts....
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

im saying your tcase is too low causing the fan to hit the radiator shroud and causing vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
        im saying your tcase is too low causing the fan to hit the radiator shroud and causing vibes.
        it would have to be hella fuggin low to cause issues like that

but who knows
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
          this is def a good theory and I have thought of it. sounds too logical

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
            it would have to be hella fuggin low to cause issues like that

but who knows
            well his tcase skid wont work cuz the tcase hangs too low.

Comment

or having the t case so low cause the motor mounts to wear prematurely...

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                or having the t case so low cause the motor mounts to wear prematurely...
                after 10 miles of driving?

Comment

probably not lol

Comment

needs more rectangulation
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                    X