Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
    complete with rinky dink spring perches and low clurrance shock mounts
    using a "rinky dink" spring perch as a negative on the 44 shows its lacking negatives
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Personally I plan to go with the 8.8 in my current build. Spring perches can be had for $32 from Ruff Stuff. The convenience of disk brakes means a lot. It also depends on what you plan on doing and your set up on your Jeep.
      Ryan
      2013 Wrangler

Comment

stock 8.8s are equally rinky dink
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post
          Personally I plan to go with the 8.8 in my current build. Spring perches can be had for $32 from Ruff Stuff. The convenience of disk brakes means a lot. It also depends on what you plan on doing and your set up on your Jeep.
          WHAT ABOUT THE LOSS OF HOLDING POWA!?

Comment

i perfer the 44 thats the the swap i did in my tj and love it. thats with 33 spline shafts and a detroit with 33's with no problem

Comment

ive seen both the internals on an 8.8 and 44, stock, and the 44 is definately more beef in stock, but i feel the 8.8 can be made just as tough with $$$

i chose the 44, non c-clip and better housing sold me, and mine was $150 so im not gonna complain
              dirty30

Comment

my full float d44 is quite strong i believe. was used in a comp tj and behind a v8, one with red labels on the others with 36" iroks
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i'd go with the 8.8

million of them
                  right width
                  right bolt pattern
                  as strong or stronger than 44
                  easily weld the tubes to stop spinning
                  disc brakes
                  factory 4.10s

while your at the junkyard get a hp30 with 4.10s and you got factory lower gearing front and rear and a pretty strong set up

that or if i wanted a lil wider stance but not full width waggy 44's front and rear
                  Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 10-19-2009, 12:08 PM.
                  2 tj's
                  3 yj's
                  2 xj's
                  i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

The 44s he was asking about did not have bolt in capability
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

if i wanted to run a 60/30 combo.... id sell you my 44 and bolt my 60 up, but that would be completely unnessesary.

8.8's can be found for cheaper than bolt in 44's too, if you find one with discs and 3.55's literally all you have to do is weld on new perches and shock mounts and go to town. i got an 8.8 that same setup for 100 bucks a while back. you could easily do an 8.8 swap for like 200-250, and barely even have it hurt your pocket.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

If you cant find a xj or mj 44 i would just do the 8.8 unless your changing your front axle too because of the change in lug pattern, a tj 44 will cost over 600 and would be alot of work to put it in anyways, and most of em come stock with 3.73 gears.

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                          you could easily do an 8.8 swap for like 200-250, and barely even have it hurt your pocket.
                          same with a 44

but when people ask you what rearend you have, would you rather say

"oh a ford 8.8"

or

"DANA FOFO BITCHES"

Comment

i have me 44's
                            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ill soon be heading out to the junkyard this week and my buddy their believes theres two or three XJ's with D44's, but if their isnt, i might go with the 8.8.
                              1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
                              .,=====o00o ______________
                              //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                              l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
                              _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                              X