school me on gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mike do it with the TF272 tranny and the dana 300 case and 4.10s

idk if i am doing it wrong but it seems thats the only option. any higher in gearing and it just seems to get worse and worse
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
      what tranny are you gettin?
      i think they guy said it was an SM475. not to sure. was about 2 weeks ago he told me about it

Comment

they never made a sm475. its most likely a sm 465. its on the list under muncie
        Originally posted by Fast Orange
        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

they never made a sm475. its most likely a sm 465. its on the list under muncie

thats prolly it then

Comment

do i wanna put in dana300 (4:1) or just dana 300?

what is the 4:1 conversion?

Comment

4:1 would be tearing apart the 300 and putting a lower gearset in it. For a little less money, but alot more work, you can do the doubler. I would say, best would be dana 300(normal) with 231 crawlbox, 4.10s and the sm465. w/ 37s you'll be right around 2500 rpm at 65 mph, and still have an 80:1 crawl ratio (aproximate #s, cause i did it in my head)
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

4:1 would be tearing apart the 300 and putting a lower gearset in it. For a little less money, but alot more work, you can do the doubler. I would say, best would be dana 300(normal) with 231 crawlbox, 4.10s and the sm465. w/ 37s you'll be right around 2500 rpm at 65 mph, and still have an 80:1 crawl ratio (aproximate #s, cause i did it in my head)
                so basically if i do what you did and twin stick it, with the SM465 i would be good and set with 4.10's?

and what about before i put the SM in, because thats gonna be the last thing that gets put in. I have a bunch of other parts to get for that swap. Will 4.10s still be fine that way?

Comment

if you're going through the trouble of swapping t-cases and building a doubler, do the tranny swap at the same time

Comment

if you're going through the trouble of swapping t-cases and building a doubler, do the tranny swap at the same time

i need to swap the tcase so i can run the P-side drop front 60. the 4spd manual swap. will need all the linkages, and what not, the pedal brackets. and other little trinkets that will be hard to come across

Comment

what tcase is in the waggy now?

Comment

what tcase is in the waggy now?
                        i have no idea but its a drivers side drop

Comment

you need more info. you may be best off with a 203-205 t-case combo considering you will be using a chevy transmission.

Comment

you need more info. you may be best off with a 203-205 t-case combo considering you will be using a chevy transmission.
                            i thought the 300 would fit? At least thats what i got out of the convo i had with RJ on this

Comment

not sure. If you use a 231 from a chevy as the doubler it might. lots of research to do bud. start combing pirate for answers

a little to get you started:
                              http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm

Comment

i dont think you'll ever see the mileage you want with an older v-8 with 1 tons and alot of tire/rim weight
                                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                                eliminator MJ - Sold
                                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
                                X