Today i cried and heard thunder under my Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
    If you cant handle the swap Ill take it off your hands.
    I can handle the swap thanks for the offer i might have joe nitro come help if he can i just need to know what to get ...axles officially confuse the shit out of me
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
      I can handle the swap thanks for the offer i might have joe nitro come help if he can i just need to know what to get ...axles officially confuse the shit out of me
      Long tube, gears inside, gears turn shaft, shaft turns wheel, your gears fail.....better?
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I understand how the work the different ones confuse me and different gears .....
        95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

i was going to go into detail on better axles but im going to bed

good luck with the swap

Comment

If its like an XJ
            4.0 w/ auto-3.55 gears
            4.0 w/manual- 3.07
            2.5 w/any trans- 4.10
            These are in most circumstances, and I am guessing YJs are similar to XJs gearing wise.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

If its like an XJ
              4.0 w/ auto-3.55 gears
              4.0 w/manual- 3.07
              2.5 w/any trans- 4.10
              These are in most circumstances, and I am guessing YJs are similar to XJs gearing wise.
              Idk what to do.... i need a new axle so i can work i do delivery in my jeep with no jeep no job no job no parts no parts no fun..... so yeah idk...

Comment

Find a yj with a 4.0 and a 5 speed(the same drivetrain as yours) then swap axles.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Find a yj with a 4.0 and a 5 speed(the same drivetrain as yours) then swap axles.
                  http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/1092146808.html

Comment

d35 with 4:10 gears off a wrangler

Comment

i wouldnt rely on xj database for his yj for gearing

Comment

^^^^ good find, buy them now
                        dirty30

Comment

The Dana 35 in Wranglers equipped with 4-cylinder engines had a 4.11 gear ratio (37 teeth on the ring; 9 teeth on the pinion). The Dana 35 in Wranglers equipped with 6-cylinder engines had a 3.08 gear ratio (37 teeth on the ring; 12 teeth on the pinion).

Comment

3.08 or 4.10 are better

Comment

dana 35 FTL

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

i'm gonna shed light on this for you. you have a 6 cyl yj thats a manual transmission and isn't a sahara. its pretty much guaranteed that you have a 3.07 gear ratio. direct swap in for you is to find another d35 outta a yj with the same trans and motor setup (aka a d35 with 3.07 gearing). anything else isn't gonna be a direct swap. if u wanna talk about upgrades. easiest and cheapest way to go is to find a yj with a 4cyl manual transmission. those jeeps came with the same axles and set up the same way you yj is but they came with 4.10 gearing. that will make your jeep have alot more pick up low end but loose top end speed. if you plan on lifting you jeep in the near future (i think u are) try to find these axles. with the bigger tires this gearing will work great. just remember you need to do the front axle as well because the gearing has to be the same front and rear. right now your gearing is 3.07 front and rear. goal is to go 4.10 front and rear . . . any other ?'s just ask
                                2 tj's
                                3 yj's
                                2 xj's
                                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Working...
                                X