jeep wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
    with a oscilloscope (graphing multi meter) you can check all your sensors such as crank an cam position sensors.
    Do you by chance have one?

IIRC All Jeep sensors run on 0-5Volts. I know with the TPS, you can run a meter across it and if you see numeric inconsistencies its NFG. Can you do this with the crank position sensor? The sensor has to react to something and give an output signal...
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

If its OBDII and you know someone with a good scanner it should be very easy to figure out.

Comment

11. Scanned with matco scan tool no codes says its fine
        Last edited by wrpoole; 05-13-2012, 07:11 PM.
        TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

Not talking about codes. My buddy has a snap on that can read all sensor readings.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
            Not talking about codes. My buddy has a snap on that can read all sensor readings.
            agreed. make sure it is seeing the engine position sensors, and oil pressure. check all the sensors.
            -Ryan

Rigs:
            07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
            94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

I agree with 92xjlaredo, i would start with getting it plugged into an dignostic tool, it sounds like it could be a few things if you don't have spark, something is sending the ecm into shutdown and not letting it spark, or bad ecm, but get out a multimeter!
              Test feed to the coil, and work your way back from there,

First thing I would do is find a buddy with an ECM

Comment

down stream 02 sensor wiring fell out of stock bracket ended up rubbing on the rear drive shaft and grounding out there
                TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

if its 92 or newer i would also check the ASD. pull the relay and make sure there is power going to it. no spark and no injector pulse sounds like crank sensor or ASD
                  95 yj spring over axle 4inches lift locked and winch
                  99 dakota sport used for dragging car trailer
                  72 cuda with 383
                  98 xj that is prolly gonna end up in the tuff truck comp.
                  01 blaster
                  07 cr85 cuz why not

Comment

Working...
                  X