Steering/Swaying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no cage between the little people...
    1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Both uppers are in, caster is set at -7 from the top of the c, It rides smother but didn't effect the wondering on the road. Gonna put the stock pitman arm back on sometime monday.

Im just trying to figure this out, there is a such thing as to much drop on a pitman arm correct? What would this cause as a result? How come some kits for 4.5 come with the drop if im a little taller than that and am better off with the stock one?
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

because you set too much caster!!!!!

-4.5 degrees from the bottom of the inner c
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
          no, the top of your inner c, where the upper ball joint goes(can also measure on the balljoint) should be tilted back 6 degrees... fuck whatever angle the pinion is at...
          Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
          because you set too much caster!!!!!

-4.5 degrees from the bottom of the inner c

Which one?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

IDK, the angle i'm telling you and from where is how we do it at the shop

either should be close enough though i guess
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i dont think that 7° is to much.... if anything it would want to snap back to center faster. i run 6° when i build shit and have never had an issue. so im guessing 7° would be no diffrent.

give it a shot and go to 4°, only takes a few minutes.

btw, did you check your toe? use a couple strait edges and some soda cans if you dont have toe plates. (ill explain if you dont already have a way to check the toe)
              Last edited by justtorchit; 04-30-2012, 08:20 AM. Reason: my tows hurt
              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
              some people choose video games
              some choose projects
              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                i dont think that 7° is to much.... if anything it would want to snap back to center faster. i run 6° when i build shit and have never had an issue. so im guessing 7° would be no diffrent.

give it a shot and go to 4°, only takes a few minutes.

btw, did you check your toe? use a couple strait edges and some soda cans if you dont have toe plates. (ill explain if you dont already have a way to check the toe)
                I'm at 6deg and its fine. I don't think 1deg will go from perfect to fawked. If the toe doesn't fix anything then I would say to change out the pitman arm.
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Toe was off by over a 1/2 inch so i adjusted it as best as i could and im gonna have the guys next door at mavis do a alignment

Last edited by LittleD; 04-30-2012, 10:43 AM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                  X