Who's running line lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's running line lock?

I'm looking into setting up my truck for line lock. I was wondering if anybody with a manual was running line lock and what axle they set it up for.
    1991 bowl of rice, painted red and black on a pile of nicely stacked scrap metal and 4 35's.

Looking to do sick burn outs?

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
      Looking to do sick burn outs?
      Na, looking to not burn up my clutch, lol maybe one burn out for graduation though.
      1991 bowl of rice, painted red and black on a pile of nicely stacked scrap metal and 4 35's.

Comment

I have a roll control unit setup to hold the front tires.

Comment

I was running a mechanical Jamar line lock, for the rear brakes. Served as an ebrake and I would also lock it to do front digs.
          1950 Willys Trail Rig
          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
            I was running a mechanical Jamar line lock, for the rear brakes. Served as an ebrake and I would also lock it to do front digs.
            Did you have to run the lines into the cab area (or what would be a "cab" area)

Comment

I had a hurst line lock on my Camaro to do staging burnouts at the track. It Ran the brake lines through a module and back to the calipers. It was electrically controlled with a switch, u pushed the pedal down then flipped the switch bam front brakes locked. When I was done with said burnout I then flipped switch and the car would go again.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/174-5000/10002/-1

That's what I had so ya roll control lol worked awesome to piss my neighbors off whenever I got new tires.(which was about every month lol)
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I have an electric on in my truck for anti theft. works a lot longer than the 60sec on the package.
                  and I also had a manual one in my CJ standard used it for a parking brake.
                  way easier and cheaper, and holds better, definitely suggest one

Put it on the front brakes they are bigger so holds better.

The manual one is nice step on pedal push button step off holds step on pedal releases.

You can even get ball valves but I wouldn't use it for e-brake if you turn it off you will have no brakes.

or spend a little extra get cutting brakes and make a way to lock the handle back.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by MReeceW View Post
                    Did you have to run the lines into the cab area (or what would be a "cab" area)
                    Yes, but I was going to run them through there anyway, so they would be i a pretty safe location

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                    I have an electric on in my truck for anti theft. works a lot longer than the 60sec on the package.
                    and I also had a manual one in my CJ standard used it for a parking brake.
                    way easier and cheaper, and holds better, definitely suggest one

Put it on the front brakes they are bigger so holds better.

The manual one is nice step on pedal push button step off holds step on pedal releases.

You can even get ball valves but I wouldn't use it for e-brake if you turn it off you will have no brakes.

or spend a little extra get cutting brakes and make a way to lock the handle back.
                    I used the mechanical one I had in the rear, in front I had an electrical one with a switch on the shifter for launching the jeep on inclines (so i wouldn't roll back). Didn't take long for it to burn out, so I removed it. Maybe it was a cheaper one.

This time around I am going to run CNC dual handle for the rear, good idea to make it lock
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by MReeceW View Post
                      I'm looking into setting up my truck for line lock. I was wondering if anybody with a manual was running line lock and what axle they set it up for.
                      I am selling my mechanical one... its this one
                      http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...Lock-p-74.html

PM me if you are iterested
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                      X