lsd dana 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sphinx6211 View Post
    SO.... let me see... I have a FREE lsd dana 35 and have an awesome neighbor that is going to swap it into mine for FREE, and you say dont do it.

All its going to cost me is gasket sealer and some oil. I deffinately wheel my jeep probably more than anyone on this site, and my dana 35 in my jeep has no problems and neither did my last jeep. So far so good..
    If you wheel a Dirt Road every day and call it wheeling, then yes, you wheel more that me.

Until then, unless you are wheeling Crawl Daddy every other weekend, you aren't wheeling.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I deffinately wheel my jeep probably more than anyone on this site,
      is this serious? I want to believe youre joking, no one would willingly try and sound like that much of an ass hat
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

SO.... let me see... I have a FREE lsd dana 35 and have an awesome neighbor that is going to swap it into mine for FREE, and you say dont do it.

All its going to cost me is gasket sealer and some oil. I deffinately wheel my jeep probably more than anyone on this site, and my dana 35 in my jeep has no problems and neither did my last jeep. So far so good..
        LOLWUT?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

bold statement right derr...
          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
          1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Must bow to the master of D35 Wheeling!
            89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

If you are only swapping internals:
              I wouldn't just bolt it in and go, not all housings are the same (hence why every ring and pinion needs to be set up in that particular axle, it comes down to thousandths of a inch but in gears that can matter), swap the carrier from one with the ring gear, shims and bearings to the other as well as the pinion. but don't just call it quits there, and throw the cover on it. I'd get some marking paint and check the pattern to make sure it is acceptable, if that housing is different by 5 to 10 thousandths of inch its possible the gears won't be set-up ideally.

That and i love newbs that "wheel" so much more than a bunch of people he doesn't even know.

Comments like that are unnessesary, esp if you come in here wanting tech advice for a d35. Normally i'd be a total douche and tell you to go play on jeepforum.
              Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                I wouldn't just bolt it in and go, not all housings are the same (hence why every ring and pinion needs to be set up in that particular axle, it comes down to thousandths of a inch but in gears that can matter), swap the carrier from one with the ring gear, shims and bearings to the other as well as the pinion. but don't just call it quits there, and throw the cover on it. I'd get some marking paint and check the pattern to make sure it is acceptable, if that housing is different by 5 to 10 thousandths of inch the gears won't be set-up ideally.
                ...And by then you would have already put too much thought into a D35.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Will said asshat
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                    Will said asshat
                    i love it when he does that
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

none of us wheel here. We just drive to the mall and back. Then beat our jeeps in with hammers so it looks like we wheeled it. Seriously dude you're not starting out on a good foot here.
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

www.jeepforum.com

HAVE FUN!
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                          Will said asshat
                          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

all these treads about dana35's

Comment

How did I miss this one!?!?
                              Damn, so many one liners down the drain! I wont be able to live with myself after this oversight...
                              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
                              X