TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Throttle body spacer will give you some more torque iirc
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

out of a 4.0???

you can get a shitload of power outta the 4.0 by simply installing a 4.2 crank, it essentially is like a "half-stroke" it'll make the motor like a 4.4 pretty much.

Throw some 5.0 mustang fuel injectors and a cam in that bad boy and she'll give ya 300 hp easy all day long.

Without gearing??

get a 4:1 Rubi case, or an atlas, or build a doubler.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i ment changing the my gear ratio with axles
        what exactly is a 4.2 crank

edit:
        i dont know to much about vehicles and have access to a limited amount of tools the easier the upgrade the best
        Last edited by wrpoole; 10-06-2010, 06:56 PM.
        TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

the crankshaft from a 4.2L straight 6. Basically the carbureted straight 6 you find in 80's CJ's and the early YJ's.

No offense here, but that question kinda puts that upgrade out of the question, you basically need to tear the motor down, the crank is the part that the pistons are connected to, doing that upgrade basically alters the stroke, or the distance the piston travels in the cylinder, because the piston can travel farther down, you increase the motors displacement. Simply put, each cylinder can suck in more fuel/air mixture, which creates more compression and more combustable material, along with a longer power stroke which altogether produces more power. That kind of upgrade though is great for a rock crawler because all that added power is pure torque.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
            out of a 4.0???

you can get a shitload of power outta the 4.0 by simply installing a 4.2 crank, it essentially is like a "half-stroke" it'll make the motor like a 4.4 pretty much.

Throw some 5.0 mustang fuel injectors and a cam in that bad boy and she'll give ya 300 hp easy all day long.
            unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
              unlikely.
              a full stroke with a cam, i could get 300 outta a 4.0 easy.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

No you won't. Have you done that yet? Do you have access to an engine dyno? I do.

Comment

Zullo's dreams were just Annihilated.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Engine dynos are for wimps. Everyone knows to just count the stickers, that's the most accurate measurement
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                      Everyone knows to just count the stickers, that's the most accurate measurement
                      Obviously
                      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

I love the advertised HP of stroker motors. Its stupid.

Comment

i happen to know someone with a naturally aspirated 2.3L ford 4 banger with 330 hp.

I can garuntee you i can get 300 hp out of a 4.0 with no issues. but then again what do i know right.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Swapping the crank and cam on a 283 will boost the horsepower from 250 to the crank to 283-285. That's on old technology as well. I don't doubt that with some other minor things you could net damn close to 300 out of a 4.0
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

bam, thank you hux.

so lets say through in some head work, pulling another 15 hp aint that super rediculous.

now lick my balls.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X