I have Created Barpin Replacinators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Created Barpin Replacinators.

Seeing as how Barpins are devilish objects, with their sole purpose to bring pain and disdain to those who wish to install Shock Absorbers in their vehicles, I set out to create myself and other some Bar Pin Replacinators. Since the Term Eliminator is already taken by other people and their fancy Bullshit, I simply came up with my own.

They are made from 5/8" Stainless Steel rod, machined down to spec and high polished to reduce corrosion.

sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

nice.... only problem is the rear upper mount bolts still suck ass
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
      nice.... only problem is the rear upper mount bolts still suck ass
      I'm going to install them on an empty stomach so I can eat all the dirt that falls onto my face.
      sigpic

Comment

Bang up job chap.

Never had an issue with the upper bolts
        1 break them
        2 punch broken stud out
        3 drop bolt in
        4 tack in place
        5 win
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

not to mention the rear upper bolts only suck the first time you remove them

ive probably done and undone them about 50 times since stock

buttery
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            not to mention the rear upper bolts only suck the first time you remove them

ive probably done and undone them about 50 times since stock

buttery
            I was quite amazed how well yours came out this morning - Didn't even need a wrench.
            sigpic

Comment

Guess you guys are right after the issue has been addressed once its not a big deal... And phil I wasnt meaning anything negative towards them wish i had the skilzz
              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                Guess you guys are right after the issue has been addressed once its not a big deal... And phil I wasnt meaning anything negative towards them wish i had the skilzz
                All it takes is a lathe and a Mill...and I got two of each.
                sigpic

Comment

Very nice once again philip. Sort of want to make but mine are already set for now. Maybe we should start a business making chit like dis

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                    Very nice once again philip. Sort of want to make but mine are already set for now. Maybe we should start a business making chit like dis
                    Thanks dude. I say you make your own anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Am I missing something obvious?

They look like just as much of a pain in the ass as barpins. If you were going to spend this much time making something, you would have been better off throwing a sleeve in the bushing of your shock and running a normal bolt through. Make a different mount than that garbage stock sheet metal(talking about the rear mounts).

I don't mean to be "that asshole", I just thought I would throw my opinion out there.
                      Last edited by Even; 02-21-2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Except those are once piece stainless, not the sheet that they stamp and roll for the stock ones that are hollow and bend and all that fun, i made a set of these at school real quick for my xj and they held up really good. weren't nearly as pretty though.

BTW they look good Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                          Am I missing something obvious?

They look like just as much of a pain in the ass as barpins. If you were going to spend this much time making something, you would have been better off throwing a sleeve in the bushing of your shock and running a normal bolt through. Make a different mount than that garbage stock sheet metal(talking about the rear mounts).

I don't mean to be "that asshole", I just thought I would throw my opinion out there.
                          Clearly you are missing something insanly Obvious, so let me point it out for you.

These barpins DO NOT have flares ends. Though they are 5/8" in diameter, I can push these in by hand. I don't have to grind the edges down, or hammer then in, or even use a vice. Just a little oil and these can be pushed right it, no sleeves or anything else necessary. They are for a stock mounting location for the rear, and I'm not cutting my jeep apart and building a shock hoop and just 'putting a bolt through it' because that to me is more work then spending an hour to make these bar pins. I have the resources and the knowledge to make these rather then chop up my jeep and make unnecessary modifications.
                          sigpic

Comment

i like it, probably 100x stronger then the thin sheetmetal pins you get in shocks
                            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                            eliminator MJ - Sold
                            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

they look like what old man emu sells with thier shocks
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X