• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
    Wow...totally uncalled for....
    CAGE MATCH!

I was a little drunk sorry.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
      CAGE MATCH!

I was a little drunk sorry.
      all good man I would have taken more offense if I hadn't met you. By the way I changed the name I've been meaning to ever since my buddy Dave came up with it.
      Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
      93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
      Eric

Comment

Looks good man, get those fenders cut!
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Update

Okay so I now have all of my fenders trimmed and new AMSoil fully synthetic diff fluid in both diffs along with lube locker and the rear has the Aussie locker installed. I do have a question for anyone who has installed a lunchbox locker. Is the spin test supposed to be hard on the first day? It was hard getting the locker to disengage but when I gently pried the cam gear off of the axle gear it disengaged very easily. I feel like it is not disengaging easily because of how heavy the grease I used for assembly was. I am hoping it will wash off in the diff fluid and become easier. My first measurement was 0.010 and the second was 0.148. Both are within the specs given by torq masters. But they are at the lower end. And my carrier and thrust washers are only 2 weeks old. Overall it took me about 5 hours but I did it in my garage on the floor and quadruple checked EVERYTHING. Anyway some pics.
          This is what I started with. You can see how there is now way I could get the pin by the ring gear to install it in the axle.

Aussie Locker and manual(I just love the box it came in it's like a little box of traction.)

Carrier with locker installed.

Diff all back together

My Jeep on an I.V. drip to fill the diff, I put a funnel in the rear windshield wiper arm then ran a tube down into the diff it was so cold it took about 4 hours to get 3.5 quarts in but I just filled the funnel and left.(no amsoil doesn't fit those pointy ends.)
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

Okay so I believe that I FUCKED my front end today. I hooked an apparently immovable object up to my front bumper then put it in 4lo and get it gas as I let out the clutch. BAM I dip the clutch and hop out to check. Everything was still attached and nothing obvious had come off so I chalked it up to my disconnected sway bar link hitting something, which now seems like the stupidest idea ever. My spotter had no fucking clue as he was not paying a lick of attention to what was going on. So I backed up and as I was backing up and turning I heard a loud metallic clunk every foot or so. So I switched to winching which didn't work either. Then I had to drive over a 6" high rock which is nothing for my well any jeep let alone one modified for off road. I had to start with my wheel right up against the 6" ledge this rock created so I gave it gas and slowly let off the clutch. It got about half way up then WHAM BAM and a u-joint cap goes flying by my window and lands a good 20 feet behind the jeep before anyone can yell WTF was that I just yell driver U-joint, It was quite funny at the time. I backed it up and parked it and took the picture. I did not drive it at all after that and now there is a good puddle of $16 per quart gear oil on the ground under it. Could I have just broken a seal or does a busted seal mean I broke more than just the u-joint? I am going to have to pull the diff cover tomorrow and there goes $40 worth of diff fluid so I am pretty pissed. While I'm at it I am going to also service my front drive-shaft with all new u-joints and a working centering ball. I am also going to fix the fluids leaking from the rear end. So I did get a good amount of wheeling in on my new set-up but still it wasn't enough and doing something dipshit stupid and now I'm out at least $100
            Eric

Comment

thats why I dont use amsoil in the jeep. It ends up getting changed so often anyway it doesnt matter. and no there shouldn't be oil coming out if you only broke a u-joint. it is possible if the axle is kind of flopping around from not having caps its leaking by the seal. pull the axle and shine a flashlight down the tube, if the seal appears to be intact, run it and see what happens.
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

My jeep leaked gear oil when i blew a ujoint, its probably just going past the seal like ct said. Also i wouldnt run amsoil in a jeep because at least for me im checking my gears or swapping something in the diff so often id be wasting hundreds in gear oil.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  My jeep leaked gear oil when i blew a ujoint, its probably just going past the seal like ct said. Also i wouldnt run amsoil in a jeep because at least for me im checking my gears or swapping something in the diff so often id be wasting hundreds in gear oil.
                  Lesson learned that's for sure. I won't be putting that in again anytime soon. Maybe I can drain it into a bottle and use it in my truck
                  Eric

Comment

Welcome to wheeling, wheel, break, repair, repeat.
                    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                      Welcome to wheeling, wheel, break, get pissed, drink beer, repair, repeat.
                      fixed
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                        Welcome to wheeling, wheel, break, get pissed, drink beer, repair, repeat.
                        I like the fixed one better
                        Eric

Comment

So my driver's shaft went last week so I got a second one to keep for a quick field replacement. This week my passenger shaft decided it no longer wanted to be able to attach to a u-joint. Plus is I replaced it with a Grand Cherokee abs shaft with factory u-joint. At least it broke in a good place, on the trailer, don't ask.

the other ring that broke is missing as is most of another u-joint cap but I have no clue where those flew to, there were just the pieces I could find.
                          Eric

Comment

You seem to blow U-joints like Charlie Sheen blows coke.
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

what size U-joints are you running(sorry if I missed this)?

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                                what size U-joints are you running(sorry if I missed this)?
                                Don't think I posted but they were the shitty ass 1-0294 neapco part # or the 260 spicer #. I just put in a 760 long shaft though.
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X