Project Utility Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
    Im thinking about doing just that with the lockers, Still not sure though, I must think upon this some more. And no I just got the ones that have the tailight guards, not the boxes. Didnt want to spend $120 on LED tail lights and then have no backup lights, with my big honkin tire carrier on the back I prolly will never hit the stock lights anyways. They look like these:

yea I got the ones with the tail light boxes. I gotta get myself a reverse light soon Not sure if you remember my jeep from the rausch run but I got them on like a month or two before that run and color matched them.

what color are you painting them?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      yea I got the ones with the tail light boxes. I gotta get myself a reverse light soon Not sure if you remember my jeep from the rausch run but I got them on like a month or two before that run and color matched them.

what color are you painting them?
      They are going to be Herculiner colored. I remember seeing your Jeep too I think, need to see a better pic of it.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

This was right after I put them on

now it looks like dis. just different tires

I really like them. sam got the same ones to but just did them black cause, well, his jeep is black

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
          This was right after I put them on

now it looks like dis. just different tires

I really like them. sam got the same ones to but just did them black cause, well, his jeep is black
          I remember your Jeep because of those MTR K's, Almost bought them myself.
          Yeah I saw his too, im excited to get them on there, wont be until the paint job is completed though I don't think, maybe in a month or two.

Comment

Nice nice. why are ya goin white? just cause?

Comment

white is a terrible idea for an offroader
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                white is a terrible idea for an offroader
                I dont care if it shows dirt which is the only thing wrong with white. Its an easy color to paint and touch-up is mainly the reason, doesn't show scratches too bad either. Also a white XJ looks badass in snow.

Comment

lol mine is white, idk if i like it or not yet though
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

hey, found a pic of your jeep on my comp, figured i'd share

99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by rweaver138 View Post
                      hey, found a pic of your jeep on my comp, figured i'd share

]
                      You have my pb blaster
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Hey, if you end up keeping it tan (rattle can touch-ups are easy), I have a pair of Grote brand military LED taillights with blackout lights in tan. They operate between 10-34 volts, DOT approved, sealed lighting with connection "tails" with quick disco grommets. I grabbed them over here with my green sets of military LED lighting set-ups (black-ops project).
                        I got the tan ones thinking "Maybe Desert Metal could use them", but Will said DM doesn't look like it's going anywhere any time soon. Just throwing it out there as an option.
                        I will be home in under two weeks and will post them up for sale with pics at that time unless you are seriously interested.

This is the light (photo from Grote website)

Here is a link to the Grote page on the light:
                        http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=82172

Just throwing it out there as an option.
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                        My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                          You have my pb blaster
                          I asked you for it and someone else was borrowing it. You never gave me any.

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
                          Hey, if you end up keeping it tan (rattle can touch-ups are easy), I have a pair of Grote brand military LED taillights with blackout lights in tan. They operate between 10-34 volts, DOT approved, sealed lighting with connection "tails" with quick disco grommets. I grabbed them over here with my green sets of military LED lighting set-ups (black-ops project).
                          I got the tan ones thinking "Maybe Desert Metal could use them", but Will said DM doesn't look like it's going anywhere any time soon. Just throwing it out there as an option.
                          I will be home in under two weeks and will post them up for sale with pics at that time unless you are seriously interested.

This is the light (photo from Grote website)

Here is a link to the Grote page on the light:
                          http://grote.com/product.php?product_number=82172

Just throwing it out there as an option.

I think I am going to Keep it tan and repaint it with all the extra paint I had left over. I ended up losing my main job so my spending has to be cut back a little, but that means I can repaint it for free.

What do the lights look like mounted, you would need a special box for them wouldn't you?

Comment

As far as I can tell they are pretty basic plug 'n play if you know your way around wiring (I do not).
                            these don't have the bucket so they can be flush mounted, only a 2"x2.5" sticks out any further than flush in the back and that's only about .25" if that. There is also a foam rubber "gasket" going around the back edge for a debris free seal. Just thought it was cool since you have a tan rig anyhow. They won't sit in your stock corner lights, but any flat surface that you can put a 2" hole in for the back and wires will work fine.

Anyhoe, if not, it's cool. I saw a tan rig, you were asking about lighting, and I have these. It made sense to see what you thought.
                            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                            My "Bucket" Build
                            MilitaryJeepers.com
                            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
                              As far as I can tell they are pretty basic plug 'n play if you know your way around wiring (I do not).
                              these don't have the bucket so they can be flush mounted, only a 2"x2.5" sticks out any further than flush in the back and that's only about .25" if that. There is also a foam rubber "gasket" going around the back edge for a debris free seal. Just thought it was cool since you have a tan rig anyhow. They won't sit in your stock corner lights, but any flat surface that you can put a 2" hole in for the back and wires will work fine.

Anyhoe, if not, it's cool. I saw a tan rig, you were asking about lighting, and I have these. It made sense to see what you thought.
                              If I got the corner guards with the tail-light boxes i'd be all over those but mine retain the stock ones. I'll think about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                                You have my pb blaster
                                it was empty anyway
                                99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X