No announcement yet.

My 1950 Willys Trail Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn thing is coming out beast keep it up....you have a ruff estimate of when it will be done
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Wow Owen you do alot of amazing work.

Are you going to run this in any competitions like RCrocks or anything like that? It would be a waste not to but it would also be amazing to see this as an SIS/HMC rep in a competition next to sam.
      Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
        Wow Owen you do alot of amazing work.

Are you going to run this in any competitions like RCrocks or anything like that? It would be a waste not to but it would also be amazing to see this as an SIS/HMC rep in a competition next to sam.
        I really am hoping to make it to at least one RC Rocks with it as well as the Rock Course at Vermonster 4x4 Comp. However, I am a little tight on time and money so I don't really know what will happen this year.

So right now everything is tacked in, upper and lower arms cut and tacked and installed and it looks sick. I am about to go to my shop to take some pics
        1950 Willys Trail Rig
        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Owen is your shop in that group of storage buildings of Rt 68 near United Concrete or something?
          2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
          1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Badass rig man!
            HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
            OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OTTE View Post
              Owen is your shop in that group of storage buildings of Rt 68 near United Concrete or something?
              yes
              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

OK here are the pics of what it is going to be like. Everything is tacked and assembled. I cycled it to the bumps and like a 12" droop and no problems (other than the driveshaft at like a 12" droop) but I am going to run a center limiting strap.

Here are some pics, Next it will be coming apart for finish welding and paint

Static

Droop

Bump

Flex

one hub is in the floor, the other is 28" off the floor, no binding

I am pretty happy with how it turned out so far
                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

fuckin sick man. 4 link is looking sexy. but heim joints are soo 2003

i swear im going to come out to your shop one of these days

aka me and andy are comming bye next week, when are you going to be there?
                  Last edited by grundlepunch; 05-28-2009, 10:01 PM.
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Wow that thing looks great
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Nice, I pass your shop everyday on my way to work.
                      2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                      1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

this just in:

best build thread on sis

Comment

I agree with the dude from sherman,,,,,nice job
                          DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

Comment

This makes me want to build a flatty pretty badly...

Gotta go check this out sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                              fuckin sick man. 4 link is looking sexy. but heim joints are soo 2003

i swear im going to come out to your shop one of these days

aka me and andy are comming bye next week, when are you going to be there?
                              They might be from 2003, someone gave them to me so I used them

I have a job interview at 1 on Tuesday, I'll be there after that
                              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, certainly not the best build but it keeps me busy. I kinda wish I built a YJ so it would be finished by now, I have ran into a lot of curves in building this that I never thought would happen, but I do like the uniqueness.

This weekend I have a lot of welding and painting to do, like I said anyone is welcome to stop by. You will see my other flatfender parked outside
                                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                                X