No announcement yet.

My 1950 Willys Trail Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So last week sucked, worked 70 hrs in 5 days then went away for the weekend. Got nothing done then but this week is going a little better.

Mouted the steering valve... I know the bracket is backwards but it worked better that way. Also roughed out the steering shaft.

Had to put a little notch in the grille to clear the Profenders

My buddy gave me a fresh, non crinkled hood. So I proceded to hack it and threw it on.

1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

• Working on the Stak shifters, still kinda mickey mouse but I am getting there. Might have to machine some stuff. Any pics of people who have made their own are appreciated.

1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• Looking good!
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          Looking good!
          Its sure does... I got a decent look this last week

Comment

• Can we race this at line mountain lol?

Looks good bro
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzy View Post
              Can we race this at line mountain lol?

Looks good bro
              I think there is room for some kind of forced induction...
              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• Haven't posted in a while, but I have been getting some work done. Here is what I have been working on

Radiator/engine guard.
                If some of you guys remember I rolled into a tree on CV trail, so I wanted to protect my new Grifin radiator so I built some tube work to do that. It also adds some reinforcement for the shock hoops. I want to add a couple more pieces that tie into the fender tube near the firewall

Rocker tubes/sliders/frame tie-ins

Made these from some 2x3 box tube. They tie in to the roll cage mounts. I am going to tie them to the fender tubes and rear frame tubes. It will give me some more space in the rear.

trimmed

Coming together, I love the stance

Top of the cage, full bump, tires fully inflated.

Should sit 71-72" at trail pressure, ride height
                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• Owen, how's your cage held up structural wise? I like the fact that minimal tube was used, keeps it simple.
                  dirty30

Comment

• from a purely aesthetics standpoint, i really like that front clip area with the tube and all, very cool
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Please keep all the writing on the side. That would be incredibly badass
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                        Please keep all the writing on the side. That would be incredibly badass
                        I was thinking this a while back, maybe clearcoat it?...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                            Owen, how's your cage held up structural wise? I like the fact that minimal tube was used, keeps it simple.
                            Really well. If you look back in this thread you will see I removed it. When I unbolted it, it kept its shape and the holes lined up pretty well when I put it back in.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            from a purely aesthetics standpoint, i really like that front clip area with the tube and all, very cool
                            Thank you very much, that means a lot. I know you get to see some pretty cool looking rigs on a regular basis

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                            Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                            I was thinking this a while back, maybe clearcoat it?...
                            Originally posted by Customjob View Post
                            A lot of people have said that, sorry but I don't know If I will, although who knows. My plan was to grind the paint down, spray bleach on it and put it outside to rust, then clear over it. Or just keep the OD.
                            1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• I will try to update tomorrow or soon. I got my new fuel cell in. Spent the past few grage sessios fitting up tube to finish the rear back half. Now I need to order some more tube, only have about 5' left.
                              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• How much is actually needed until she's on all fours and under her own power?
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X