-Marlin 4" USA spring
    -Marlin shock hoops w/12" Bilstein 5125's
    -Marlin shock tabs and u-bolt flip kit

Marlin Hysteer with billet arms

Rear suspension
    -Chevy 2wd 63" springs
    -Owner fabbed spring hangers, shackle hangers, shackles, u-bolt plates
    -14" Bilstein 5125's

we got the motor/tranny/tcase removed from the truck.

We ended up chopping the radiator supports due to the fact that our engine hoist decided not to go up as far as it needed to.

We also got the interior stripped and ready for some work. Plans include a custom toolbox and enlosure to house speakers, a sub, and amps behind the seats, RhinoLining the tub once the new drivetrain is in, and maybe fabbing a new transmission tunnel.

Also, a massive pile of new/old parts is growing in the garage.

Mike torched the IFS w/oxy-acetalene in 2 hours and did an outstanding job. He got really close to the frame, with no overheating or burn through anywhere. I ground down all the welds (what a bitch) and prepped the frame to receive the SAS next Saturday.

We also assembled the new front axle with the donor 4.10 third member from the 85 4runner.

Picked up my new motor from the freight terminal and got it sitting in the garage.

Parts keep coming in every day. I'll try to get some pics before next weekend, when the new solid front axle goes in.

The 85 front axle was fully rebuilt from hub to hub. It looks great and everything went together quite smoothly.

[IMG]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/482231/fullsize
    /img_0735.jpg[/IMG]

I pulled the bed to work on the rear spring mounts and decided to strip the frame and repain it. The tubular crossmember that holds the gas tank and upper shock mounts has serious rust holes since they used those wonderful rubber plugs in the ends that like to capture water. I need to cut it out and weld in a new piece of tubing....

I rebuilt the rear axle with new innner and outer seals and new wheel bearings. I also took care of the brakes...I had the drums turned and I installed new shoes and all the spings. Then we made a guestimate as to the pinion angle and tacked the new perches in place.

time to move to another shop

Welded in the new hangers, and now I have a rolling chassis again!!!

Then we got the motor mounts into place, taking our time to check all the relevant clearances for the distributor and fan/radiator assembly.

Last edited by Magilla; 09-22-2009, 04:02 PM.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

huh... this whole time i thought you only talked about building things...
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
      huh... this whole time i thought you only talked about building things...
      when you have to work on others first yours comes last. mine was done until i killed it or else i would of bought your arms, which even now wants fyi. this is not my truck im building it for danksters a new member here. this is helping fund mine
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

ahhhhhh... i seeeeee
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

nice, but lets see some pics that aren't from 2007

Comment

There will be more Pics I got some on the phone but this is were the build was left off
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
              There will be more Pics I got some on the phone but this is were the build was left off
              Hey dumbass post up some pics from ur camera with the sheet metal on, all the ones here are w/the hood, fenders, doors, and bed off.
              You're a ___________

Comment

Started doing work after getting this shit loaded on a trailer with no winch. It was an experience doing it with 2 ratchet straps. Matts parents threw a party for it finally leaving their driveway.

Started tacking in the shock hoops and tabs

How it sits as of right now all olive drabbed.

also rewelded the spring plates, smashed some shit and cut some shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
                  is that rotor what i think it is?
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    is that rotor what i think it is?
                    yes
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters
                      Damn that shit's going to look badass when YOU'RE done.
                      fixed
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Sexy Kinda
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

doing a crawl box or just doing stock axle/t-case gears?
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

The axles are stock 4.10's an open, and the drivetrain is going to be a carbed chevy small block, 700R4, and probably an NP205 transfer case. The goal is to assemble a good used drivetrain as cheap as possible and build it up nice once everything works. I would like to do a 203/205 ORD Doubler, but that's down the road.
                            You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters
                              Immediate Items to Do:

1. Mount up shock hoops and tabs and burn in with heavy tacks only

2. Bob bed 12 inches

3. Fabricate mounts for gas tank mounted under bed from steel angle iron with nuts welded on

4. Finish grinding down old brackets from rear of framerails

5. Fabricate a rear bumper out of 1/4" box steel (maybe 2" x4"...still deciding)
                              #1s done homo

#2 12 inches is too much looked today

#3 easy

#4 easy

#5 build one like my old xj bumper i did
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X