No announcement yet.

Project, Mean Green '98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO I got a replacment 29spline IN, new Brakes and even the E brake works again

I need shocks!!

Open to front suspension upgrade / shock / rear bumper / gear and locker discussions for now:

Shocks: I'm liking the BBC's..don't know if I have 11" of travel---damn close $110 a peice
    Maybe some quality up front, funtional out back? I will measure the (1) shock I have left

Front suspension: 3 link possibility, it would be nice to upgrade my crossmember as well

Rear bumper: down to JCR and Detours, I need: bumper to wrap around lower quarters enough to make my exauhst look pimp again. , 2" receiver, AND tire carrier.

GEARS/LOCKER: I'm going with 4.10's, DO NOT start telling me I NEED 4.56's please I can buy a decent ring and pinion, bearings and seals, install kits as needed. Also would like an affordable (FULLY FUNCTIONAL) locker----- pretty much open to and and all suggestions on that.

That being said, The NEW FOUND purpose of my Jeepster is:
    -Daily driver
    -Daily Driver for WORK purposes (within reason)
    -Haul moderate sized trailers and boats
    -Moderate local wheeling
    -(1-2) trips to RC a year

All around SOLID RELIABLE GO-ANYWHERE XJ is the name of the game
    Last edited by snowblur17; 12-05-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• I think I will lift the front as needed to fit some BBCS, the minimum length is 11"
      Last edited by snowblur17; 12-05-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• I'd get the BBCs and just get the detours. I think the jcr bumper is nice but not worth what they are asking when you can get a detours for the same money and it will look better imho. Besides Mark at detours is a on man show and he's really cool guy. I've had many phone conversations with hime and met him in person before he moved to KY. I'd support his work any day. Supreme fit and quality and function.
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
          I'd get the BBCs and just get the detours. I think the jcr bumper is nice but not worth what they are asking when you can get a detours for the same money and it will look better imho. Besides Mark at detours is a on man show and he's really cool guy. I've had many phone conversations with hime and met him in person before he moved to KY. I'd support his work any day. Supreme fit and quality and function.
          have u seen JCRs new rears? as in the last few weeks

they took design cues from some of the best in the industry IMO, being Rigid co. JCR also isnt some big happening, theyre just a few guys workin overtime to make it happen

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJB
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Yes I did this morning and I don't think they are anything special over other brands. I think the detours looks and fits better. I don't see what the big deal is about the jcrs.

Comment

• at the risk of arguing opinion, what impresses you about the detours design versus the JCR one? i mean i have a detours basically and i guess i just dont see whats so amazing design wise to overshadow JCR completely

theyre both spectacular, but to say jcr is like the rest of the market is kind of retarded IMO
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• The way the sides completely wrap the rear 1/4 w/o cutting the 1/4. I also don't like the design of the jcr swing arm. Its bulky. Also the jcr won't work with my old exhaust setup and kevin has made it a point that he wants to finish off that nice again.

The jcs and detours mount and tie in the same way except the detours sides bolt on as well.

Comment

• my opinion is you should get another xj so you can actually get one of these bumpers and come wheeling with us
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    my opinion is you should get another xj so you can actually get one of these bumpers and come wheeling with us
                    THIS But you can't have mine

Comment

• So the BBC's will not work for me--------can't fit that huge body and 11" of travel would be nice but I am only sitting at about 3" net lift of front and roughly 4" out back.
                      that being said, I still have my Skycrapper 7000's up front...... still doing an OK job, I JUST ordered a pair of O M E NitroCharger Sport's for the rear, the 1.5"-3" flava. $211 to my dad's door

Comment

• BuMPERAGE,

I DEFinitly like the detours better. I definitly need some sort of rear recovery and a 2" receiver. Can I justify tacking on an extra $500-$700 for the SOLE reason of getting my 32" spare on a stock wheel out of the back of my Jeep

Comment

• http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...p?idproduct=41

I like this one, and it is a good price, but don't think it comes with a reciever

Comment

• http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/exte...p-cherokee-xj/
                            I like this bumper..

Comment

• Don't forget the detours has a 2" receiver and 2 tied in shackle mounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
                                Don't forget the detours has a 2" receiver and 2 tied in shackle mounts.
                                You Really wanna see a Detours on that Jeep again don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X