Heres my project YJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres my project YJ

I bought this back in sept for 2k, its a 88 YJ with a new motor, rebuilt trans, 4 inch procomp lift and 32 bfg MTs

So i got it registered and through emmissions, drove it around for about a week or so, and then got bored with it like i knew I would, It rode like crap because of the springs and the body had a little rust in the floors and rockers. so out came the plasma and the rust was cut out and new floors and rockers were welded in, the rotted out factory roll bar got junked, then i started looking at the frame and it was pretty bad in the rear by the hangers so out came the fuel tank and back seat to make room for the 20 gal alum. cell. then i Second Skinned the inside of the tube looks really good and is holding up well to being moved around the shop.

So then i desided to build my own rear frame section, bought some 3x4x3/16 wall rec tubing and started to measure,cut and weld. then last friday got out the sawzall and cut the rear of the frame off after i installed a daystar 1 inch body lift and M.O.R.E 1 inch bombproof motor mounts. Then wheels the frame under the jeep and welded it in( still needs a little more fish plateing but almost done). I also swapped in some XJ leaf packs to move the wheel base 4 inches to the rear and rolled under a 78 ford dana 60 with copper sst 37s on H2 wheels.

So now that i am waiting to get the front 60 rolling and waiting on a few more things to show up and funds to buy some other stuff i got bored and build a stubby front bumper for it with the left over rec tubing.

And this is how she sits today. Will keep posting pics as she comes along.
    Last edited by ctchevy; 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM.
    85 K10, 44front,ff14 rear, 350,th350,Np208, 39.5/13.5r20 IROKs. almost done
    New toy 88 yj, 4.2, 5speed,231. Its getting a soa, 78 f350 dana 60s, SYE, and some 37s.

Looking good Ben! Time to break out the sawzall and comp cut that beatch!!
    - 99TJ 4.0 4.5 RE springs, Clayton 5in LA stretch, GenRight Armor, 35x12.50 bfg mt, currie hp9 rear w/ 35 spline detroit, hp44 w/ arb and 4340 axles, k/n fipk, banks headers, warn xd9000i

Comment

Thats some clean work, nice job
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

37" coopers? welcome to the circle of WIN
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Why is the reaer end so far back?
          95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
            Why is the reaer end so far back?
            Originally posted by ctchevy View Post
            I also swapped in some XJ leaf packs to move the wheel base 4 inches to the rear and rolled under a 78 ford dana 60 with copper sst 37s on H2 wheels.
            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

It was just so he could fit the 60 under it? i thought theere was a greater meaning plus it looks as though it would rub like a biznatch off road
              95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

longer wheel base
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by 95jeepYJ View Post
                  It was just so he could fit the 60 under it? i thought theere was a greater meaning plus it looks as though it would rub like a biznatch off road
                  Eventually it will be cut like this....

http://bluetorchfab.com/store/produc...&products_id=5
                  - 99TJ 4.0 4.5 RE springs, Clayton 5in LA stretch, GenRight Armor, 35x12.50 bfg mt, currie hp9 rear w/ 35 spline detroit, hp44 w/ arb and 4340 axles, k/n fipk, banks headers, warn xd9000i

Comment

Chris thanks for helping with the trivial questions, not sold on the comp cut yet think it mite be hard to drive on the street like that. Mite just try the 4 inch streched corners and if they dont work i will just comp cut those with the body. goin to try and roll the front 60 in this weekend we will see what happens. thanks for all the input guys really helps.
                    New toy 88 yj, 4.2, 5speed,231. Its getting a soa, 78 f350 dana 60s, SYE, and some 37s.

Comment

was that rear 60 narrowed?
                      99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Nope that is full width. The H2 wheels pull the tires in pretty good.

Comment

oh alrighty i get it, it just looked akward.......

Comment

Originally posted by ctchevy View Post
                            Nope that is full width. The H2 wheels pull the tires in pretty good.
                            no shit! but how are going to NOT have to comp cut the rear? or are you going to?
                            99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

i saw it in person and it looks pretty sick keep up the good work
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X