Project "is it finished yet?" build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "is it finished yet?" build thread

Here's what ive aquired so far(shitty camera=shitty pics)

44/60

tnt truss

15x8 rockcrawlers 8 on 6.5

Last edited by Even; 12-02-2009, 02:57 AM.

they make 38" creeps?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

44's are weak enough
      i dont need an extra inch of pure traction to fuck more shit up.

Comment

what do you need to know?

you are going to want alloy shafts and diesel u joints

build yo own steering. when you are ready you can cut it to length

do you have a welder? if not get one.

Comment

a good MIG is gonna run you alot, unless you can find one used through a shop which is always a good deal. if you use the right stick and depending on the amperage the arc welder can put out and your welding ability you will get a great weld. you can always tack everything too and take it to a metal shop and have them weld it for you, that way you know the welds will be strong enough and reliable. i was saving for a MIG but my buddies dad is buying a miller in about a month, so i'm just gonna wait for that though.

nice axles too i have a hp d44 that i'm building i just have no money and i'm startin to look for a 60 rear.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Just went and ordered my bilsteins 5100's. Should be comin in about a week, once i get them ill probably drop a couple leaves, cut the coils, and have the old girl lowered down.

Comment

i have a hobart handler 140 amp. cost me about $450ish refurbished

people have told me its too weak for things like link mounts. and at first i was a lil' scurred

but my axle is held to the jeep by 2 points, and i have never had a weld fail in the past 2+ years.

what length 5100's?

Comment

Not exactly sure on the specs, the correct length for 5-6" of lift.

Comment

Alright so the rear is officially lowered. I removed the secondary leaf, and the very bottom leaf.

Last edited by Even; 12-02-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

dont cut the coils, theyre cheap enough to buy. rockkrawler ones can be had pretty cheap, ZJ coils can work too (a tad stiffer, just add an inch 4" ZJ = close to 5" XJ).

looks good dude. you didnt mention whihc LA setup you have- iz dat sum clayton?

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                      dont cut the coils, theyre cheap enough to buy. rockkrawler ones can be had pretty cheap, ZJ coils can work too (a tad stiffer, just add an inch 4" ZJ = close to 5" XJ).

looks good dude. you didnt mention whihc LA setup you have- iz dat sum clayton?
                      neh i wish, rusty's

Comment

meh, they is okay. if you do the rubi tcase, i'll have a tnt belly for you

itll just be a lil while down the road when i swap out my 242, unless i get me a sye'd 231 for cheap.

Comment

Alright sweet, my rubi case (if i can find one) won't be for a little while either so that might work out.

Comment

Last edited by Even; 12-02-2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

looks much better dood
                              dirty30

Comment

Working...
                              X